Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 124 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Wanda (Chinese company, also owners of AMC theatres) just bought out Legendary. I wonder if this will increase promotions in China for Universal/Legendary films (The future monster films, Warcraft, Great Wall, Fast and Furious etc) therefore increasing the likelihood they will be seen in Universal Beijing, Korea, and potential the United States based of the box office success.

So this is my mea culpa. I am even wearing my metal cilice with inwardly-pointing tines.

Due to these friggin recent holidays and the horrid loving family events like being together and then traveling to far off warm places for vacation left me in the dark.

F&F is delayed. The good news is that my sources tell me why and this one ain't what any of you think. It is a doosy and far removed from the project.

Pets in Hollywood is on... some good teams got out in front of me on this (due to those disgusting loving family/friend events). Good job buckos! Upward construction ain't happenin tomorrow though.

Nintendo... not giving in on this one. It will be fluid for some time due to the twist they are going for. Otherwise, I'm stickin to it. The project looks too good to change drastically. That and I predict it will become a favorite for everyone. Even non fans.

F&F is delayed. The good news is that my sources tell me why and this one ain't what any of you think. It is a doosy and far removed from the project.

o_O I don't think I want to even try and speculate on that one! Hope it isn't too big a delay... The park needs it lol.

Edit:

And, I'll throw one out there anyways. Could it have anything to do with the change in focus for the upcoming new films? It was reported recently that the upcoming sequel would steer away from the over the top stunts and heist/espionage focused angle the film's took starting with the fourth film and go back to its roots as a street raced themed films. I could understand them wanting the ride to feel more more inline with where the series is going, not with where it has already been.

Last edited:
I have faith in UC. They'll figure out a good way, maybe better than the original plan, to get around whatever issue may be occurring. That delay may end up being a positive for marketing, since there's so much popping up in early 2017 as it is. It'll give them a "New for Holidays 2017" marketing Campaign.

So this is my mea culpa. I am even wearing my metal cilice with inwardly-pointing tines.

Due to these friggin recent holidays and the horrid loving family events like being together and then traveling to far off warm places for vacation left me in the dark.

Pets in Hollywood is on... some good teams got out in front of me on this (due to those disgusting loving family/friend events). Good job buckos! Upward construction ain't happenin tomorrow though.

Nintendo... not giving in on this one. It will be fluid for some time due to the twist they are going for. Otherwise, I'm stickin to it. The project looks too good to change drastically. That and I predict it will become a favorite for everyone. Even non fans.
I have a three word response...."Mercy. Mercy. Mercy." (Didn't I read those words somewhere today)....Thanks for the update Teebs......:thumbsup:

Reactions: Ryno27

By "delayed" we're not talking about past 2017, right?

I was never expecting it until Fall for some reason anyway so it's right on schedule for me. :lol:

I just always assumed they'd want to space out the 2017 openings. So much opening at once isn't good for marketing and it doesn't entice people to comeback for awhile either, whereas opening at separate times of the year can keep people excited and already planning their next trip.

I was never expecting it until Fall for some reason anyway so it's right on schedule for me. :lol:

I just always assumed they'd want to space out the 2017 openings. So much opening at once isn't good for marketing and it doesn't entice people to comeback for awhile either, whereas opening at separate times of the year can keep people excited and already planning their next trip.
This. If the target is Fall I could see them pushing for softs in time for HHN.

Reactions: Mike S and Nick
Status
Not open for further replies.