Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 305 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of curiosity, how much money are we talking about here?
The foreclosure suit is around $35 million I believe (debt securing red properties).

The remainder is probably worth $40-80 million probably? (very hard to estimate due to the fact that so much is stormwater drainage type of land).

Reactions: JoeCamel
The date to focus on now is May 10.

That's the hearing date for the summary judgment hearing for the red properties on the map.

IF Stan Thomas transfered all his lands as part of the settlement, then Universal will pay off that debt holder and walk away with all of the red and green land.

Green and red? Wow. That's... a lot...

Wait...wouldn't that get them more to over around 1000+ acres?

The foreclosure suit is around $35 million I believe (debt securing red properties).

The remainder is probably worth $40-80 million probably? (very hard to estimate due to the fact that so much is stormwater drainage type of land).

$115 million for all that would be a steal

Wait...wouldn't that get them more to over around 1000+ acres?

Remember, a lot of that is land they can’t build on because of drainage and waterways and such

Well trust and believe they're going to be very cautious with this land, they don't wanna be land locked again, This is more than enough imo.

How much is stormwater/drainage?

The question of stormwater/drainage is a bit of a misnomer. We have already established that one can build pretty darn close to a creek with proper engineering and other considerations. One of the large parcels on the north side of Sand Lake Rd might be set aside as conservation in lieu of other southern development for example.

The question of stormwater/drainage is a bit of a misnomer. We have already established that one can build pretty darn close to a creek with proper engineering and other considerations. One of the large parcels on the north side of Sand Lake Rd might be set aside as conservation in lieu of other development for example.
Could they in theory build a park on top of a creek and actually incorporate it into the setting they’re building? Like, let’s say a creek running through the Shire?

Please bear with me so I can understand. Stan Thomas is not a good poker player but knows when he is not holding a winning hand so the bluff he was running with the "No Theme Park" suit was called and maybe that means the east land (green/yellow depending on your eyes) that was only valuable to Universal may be part of the settlement (for a bundle of cash) to drop the suit, allow a park to be built and sell the land to Universal? Is that right?
Now the bankruptcy suit proceeds on the red property and maybe in May Stan shows up with a note to pay off the creditors and the way he got the note is Uni backed it OR it goes to the creditors, Stan does not fight it and the creditors sell the land to Universal?
In the end Universal ends up with all the marbles (1450 acres MoL) and is now surrounding Lockheed Martin on three sides. LM may have plans to move their very expensive plant in the future leaving a cleanup and new land to be done by Universal?
I know that last part is speculation but do I have the rest semi correct?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.