Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 307 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

giphy.gif

Holy hell- awesome.

650x366

For those who might be curious- this is the "Stan Thomas" property in green- as well as the majority of "foreclosure" property in red - but not all of the foreclosure property in red.
Not saying UOR won't get the remainder also- just not in these docs.

Note: The only foreclosure property not included is the red property in southwest corner near convention center and just south of Universal Blvd. Other than that- THEY GOT IT ALL!

This is better than we could have ever hoped for!

bcQyAMW.jpg

Holy hell- awesome.

650x366

For those who might be curious- this is the "Stan Thomas" property in green- as well as the majority of "foreclosure" property in red - but not all of the foreclosure property in red.
Not saying UOR won't get the remainder also- just not in these docs.

Note: The only foreclosure property not included is the red property in southwest corner near convention center and just south of Universal Blvd. Other than that- THEY GOT IT ALL!

This is better than we could have ever hoped for!

bcQyAMW.jpg
ho-ly.gif

Going to do a prediction:

• UOSouth will open with 3 Resort Hotels; Citywalk 2.0; and a Dry theme park in Spring 2023
  • Room is reserved for 4 additional hotels, another theme park, and a second waterpark
  • Plan to be modeled similar to Evolution Plan, but on a different level
  • Announcement of the new developments, but no major information given late this year (like late 2018) following City Council hearings

• UOSouth will open with 3 Resort Hotels; Citywalk 2.0; and a Dry theme park in Spring 2023
  • Room is reserved for 4 additional hotels, another theme park, and a second waterpark
  • Announcement of the new developments, but no major information given late this year (like late 2018) following City Council hearings

I think that a second waterpark will open alongside the rest of the attractions in 2023. It would give the area more of a resort-like feel, and Volcano Bay seems to reach capacity every day during the summer. I can't see UOSouth open without it, unless it opens the next year.

Okay, we need to be patient here. Universal didn't acquire everything, so we need to see what they left to Stan Thomas. Universal acquired 20 parcels out of Stan Thomas' holdings in UCPM III and FQP.

My understanding is that Universal got the complete master declarant rights over the 2200 acres as well as most of the land in red and green. This means Universal now controls what can be built over even the other land they didn't acquire.

But we need to see explicitly which parcels weren't included in the transaction first. (It might just be the OCCC parcels that were excluded, but again we need to wait).

Also, the foreclosure case is now moot I believe since there was a partial payment of that debt as part of these transactions.

There's no way this doesn't open with a water park IMO. Volcano Bay can barely handle the onsite guests they get now, funneling more hotel guests to it won't work. I also think you're getting at least 4-5 hotels at open.

Status
Not open for further replies.