Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 308 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But again, the most important 2 things that Universal got:

1) The Master Declarant control over the 2200 acres (the entire Universal South District)
2) Enough land to build 2 theme parks, a water park, CityWalk 2.0, and 15000 hotel rooms

Basically, yeah Universal got all it wanted.

Just a quick tidbit on that wastewater treatment facility. There is no way that will be relocated or moved. I just checked OC NPDES permits- that particular plant is the SWRF facility and it rated at 43 Million Gallons per day- which is their largest of their 3 plants in the county. The other 2 being 24 and 10.5 MGD.

43MGD is a pretty solid plant-size. Not enormous, by any means- but still significant.

To put that in perspective, the City of College Station (Where Texas A&M is) has two plants totaling 11.5MGD servicing 90k people. So moving or relocating a 43MGD plant would simply never happen. That said- anytime there is a WWTP in a residential area (in particular an expensive area)- odor control is a massive expenditure and undertaking.
Outside of a huge "once in a lifetime" anomaly, I would never anticipate an odor event coming from the plant- even on windy days.

For fun- our largest facility we test for is Deer Island (Essentially, Boston, MA)- and that has capacity of 1.3 Billion Gallons/day and average flow of 360MGD. I believe thats the largest WWTP in the country.

Just a quick tidbit on that wastewater treatment facility. There is no way that will be relocated or moved. I just checked OC NPDES permits- that particular plant is the SWRF facility and it rated at 43 Million Gallons per day- which is their largest of their 3 plants in the county. The other 2 being 24 and 10.5 MGD.

43MGD is a pretty solid plant-size. Not enormous, by any means- but still significant.

To put that in perspective, the City of College Station (Where Texas A&M is) has two plants totaling 11.5MGD servicing 90k people. So moving or relocating a 43MGD plant would simply never happen. That said- anytime there is a WWTP in a residential area (in particular an expensive area)- odor control is a massive expenditure and undertaking.
Outside of a huge "once in a lifetime" anomaly, I would never anticipate any odor ever coming from the plant- even on windy days.

For fun- our largest facility we test for is Deer Island (Essentially, Boston, MA)- and that has capacity of 1.3 Billion Gallons/day and average flow of 360MGD. I believe thats the largest WWTP in the country.
put it behind the Hello Kitty land :whistle:

Reactions: Joel and Magic-Man
So they now have most of it!!! But what parcels are left now?
It's hard to tell right now; 20 parcels are listed as being transferred to SLRC, but we need to figure out which ones Stan Thomas kept.

As @Andysol said, the OCCC parcels were kept by Stan Thomas. He probably kept that big OCCC parcel in UCPM III as well.

It sounds like most of the other property in UCPM III and FQP went to Universal, but we'll find out soon.

From GrowthSpotter: Stan Thomas filed 3 satisfaction agreements on loans totaling up to $149 million.

So needless to say, a lot of money changed hands in this transaction.

@Teebin yeah, I'm just waiting to see which parcels specifically were kept by Stan Thomas.
A far cry from the Universal of the 1990's that wouldn't finalize the Warner IP deal over a paltry apx. $70,000 (Source: Jay Stein in Jaybangs)). Comcast has no such qualms, it seems.

wow, I know no one probably can guess, but is it more likely that Uni opens one at a time, or both at the same time?
One pure theme park (I don't count water parks). There's no way they could pull in the attendance necessary to keep two brand new theme parks viable if opened simultaneously. Probably be down the road in time for the second park, if it ever happens, kind of like Disney's Fifth park that never materialized.

One pure theme park (I don't count water parks). There's no way they could pull in the attendance necessary to keep two brand new theme parks viable if opened simultaneously. Probably be down the road in time for the second park, if it ever happens, kind of like Disney's Fifth park that never materialized.
hm?

They could if they wanted to but I don't see that happening.

wow, I know no one probably can guess, but is it more likely that Uni opens one at a time, or both at the same time?
A 4th dry park would not happen until 2030 at the earliest in my opinion. Even if the 3rd dry park explodes in popularity, we wouldn't know until 2026-2027 that its attendance is sustainable and that a 4th dry park would not cause cannibalization to the other 3.

I'll say that I'll be amazed if it doesn't open with a water park to go along with the dry park, though

That'll be interesting- and I agree- we'll have a water park and dry park.
I would think that they'd stagger the openings- Dry park year one and water park the year after.
For them to open both simultaneously- that would be a huge feat that is pretty unprecedented. But hell, this whole this is unprecedented.

Status
Not open for further replies.