Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey ya'll, saw this already started trending. Editors looking at our version now, but what I gathered was Uni further laid out their stormwater plans. Even provided a map of some of the stormwater lakes. That map is probably what intrigues me the most as it shows a little bit more of what layout they may be playing with for parks/hotels. In total its another 231 acres for a total of 578 acres at play. Of course, remember that it doesn't mean ALL of the land will be used.

Anyways, I made a map highlighting the lakes below. I'll add link to story when I can.... :peace:

EDIT: Link here (but paywalled, as usual): https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2018/09/18/breakinguniversal-orlando-adds-231-acres-to.html

Attachments

• Universal lake map copy.png
    Universal lake map copy.png
    977.9 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Hey ya'll, saw this already started trending. Editors looking at our version now, but what I gathered was Uni further laid out their stormwater plans. Even provided a map of some of the stormwater lakes. That map is probably what intrigues me the most as it shows a little bit more of what layout they may be playing with for parks/hotels. In total its another 231 acres for a total of 578 acres at play. Of course, remember that it doesn't mean ALL of the land will be used.

Anyways, I made a map highlighting the lakes below. I'll add link to story when I can.... :peace:
What interests me more is that mass grading. It seems they are creating some steep rolling hills in the spot where the new park is assumed to go.

What is this rectangle of land and building and why are they grading around it??? It appears to be part of the land purchased by Universal.

luWlrlI.png

The "Serenoa Village" name is what the planned development for that area was called after Universal sold off all the land the first time back in like 2006/2007. The name itself has nothing to do with the new park project, it's just what that whole general area is referred to as in Orange County records.

If the new park had Lord of the Rings, Super Nintendo World, Jurassic World, Fantastic Beasts, HTTYD, Shrek, Kung Fu Panda, Godzilla, and an original icon, this entire forum (including myself) would collectively lose their minds.

It’s possible, but it’s a wait and see. I personally doubt that it could ever happen. But just to think about what it would be like if it did....

Status
Not open for further replies.