Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 403 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a resident of Toronto Canada I'd hope to hell they don't use Bombardier. They can't deliver anything on time. They are years behind delivering our street cars as well as ones they owe Kitchener which is a city about an hour west of us. And of the ones they've delivered, 67 of the 89 have had to been sent back for repair only a couple of years into using them.

The company would have gone out of business long ago if it didn't keep getting bailed out by the government up here.

Buck up, they did give (selling 51% ownership for $1) to Airbus a fantastic new plane coming to Delta and Jet Blue soon.

This may be a slightly cynical thought, but what if Universal is trying to outprice the I-Drive hotels to run them out of business, so they can buy more land and complete the more seamless Universal experience.

Reactions: HPFred
This may be a slightly cynical thought, but what if Universal is trying to outprice the I-Drive hotels to run them out of business, so they can buy more land and complete the more seamless Universal experience.
Maybe but I highly doubt it.

I remember when they had Adventura, they brought up Endless Summer and that they are acknowledging that there are a few down there that may not be..as happy with them doing two low-cost resorts.

Reality dicticates that the system they choose will come as a deal from one of several known venders, Universal’s relationship with that vendor, terms of contract, and of course price plays a big factor. The only reason why Disney was able to build something out of the ordinary with the monorail system was simply that Disney was promoting a product designed and being sold by a wholly owned subsidiary (WED Transportation) with the intention of selling monorail and WEDway PeopleMover systems to cities and airports. The systems they built at WDW are demonstration systems, and they fully intended on building a business out of it. When Disney sold off WED transportation, there really wasn’t any special business reason or incentive for Disney to expand it or build more. So, Universal will build something according to which companies they have good relations with, practical economics, and customer satisfaction will play a huge factor here. I’m not sure they have any relations with Bombardier or if Bombardier even has the stomach to work with a private company (outside the typical public contract bidding environment).

Reality dicticates that the system they choose will come as a deal from one of several known venders, Universal’s relationship with that vendor, terms of contract, and of course price plays a big factor. The only reason why Disney was able to build something out of the ordinary with the monorail system was simply that Disney was promoting a product designed and being sold by a wholly owned subsidiary (WED Transportation) with the intention of selling monorail and WEDway PeopleMover systems to cities and airports. The systems they built at WDW are demonstration systems, and they fully intended on building a business out of it. When Disney sold off WED transportation, there really wasn’t any special business reason or incentive for Disney to expand it or build more. So, Universal will build something according to which companies they have good relations with, practical economics, and customer satisfaction will play a huge factor here. I’m not sure they have any relations with Bombardier or if Bombardier even has the stomach to work with a private company (outside the typical public contract bidding environment).
WED Transport didn't exist when WDW was first built (In fact the original postcards had the original company - it was the Alweag-Disney Monorail) but the company went belly up before the finished.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
I would say ES is priced and designed in a way to be attractive while being far-ish away from both parks....In other words, the farther you get away from the resorts the cheaper the stay

They will never outprice Best Western haha

Reactions: Disneyhead
Or they could go way of Disney Skyliner (branded Universal). According to , Disney is so happy with it that an expansion to Aninal Kingdom Lodge, Animal Kingdom, Blizzard Beach, Corando Springs, and Typhoon Lagoon is planned in a few years.

But, Universal would steel Disney’s thunder if they outdid Disney and built the next generation Bombardiar model!

The current Skyliner lines being built were always a "Phase 1". I know a Phase 2 is planned to those places and I actually have faith that it will happen despite Disney's track record with Phase 2's.

From what i've heard, Disney is waiting until the Skyliner is open to riders to see how efficient it is and if it is meeting it's desired goals (i.e. Taking a % of buses off the road) before giving the green light.

Status
Not open for further replies.