Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs | Page 129 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's likely something in USF, as that's they address they've recently started using on permits for projects within that park:

GMjMsyl.png

70WnceB.png

What's wrong with Universal's security situation? Personally I find their security setup to be the best of all the area parks. It's quick, efficient and even shaded with fans.

By requiring all bags to go through scanners and having dozens of metal detectors makes it the most efficient security I've seen at any amusement park (minus parks that have none). Only issues I run into are when they don't have enough security points open.

Reactions: Alicia
By requiring all bags to go through scanners and having dozens of metal detectors makes it the most efficient security I've seen at any amusement park (minus parks that have none). Only issues I run into are when they don't have enough security points open.
Yeah, Its tough to find enough scanners open sometimes. This was 4pm on a Tuesday. I still can't figure out how to load a normal sized picture here without having an external accountor tweet it. Guess I will just link it

Dropbox - 20180828_151351.jpg

What's wrong with Universal's security situation? Personally I find their security setup to be the best of all the area parks. It's quick, efficient and even shaded with fans.

I’ve not been through it since it’s inception but I thought it was a nightmare at times from I’ve seen that. That’s good to know however.

Credit where’s its due as well for having that space available in a good area especially since it was never intended for that purpose.

Makes you wonder how they will implement the security into the new resort with that being the first new resort since security like this became mandatory.

What’s wrong with Security? It’s easily the best situated and most efficiently moving of the Orlando parks.
I had the worst time of all on Saturday at Epcot. 30 minutes in the bag line, plus the metal detectors. The security team are doing their best, but there's not enough people checking bags for the amount of people entering the park for Food & Wine. It's chaos, with lines all the way to the trams pouring more people out.

The fact that Disney only sends some folks through metal detectors concerns me. It really is just security theater still at Disney. I feel safer entering Universal knowing every single person is going through detectors and every bag is being x-rayed. Even if it isn't making me safer, it feels like it is. It must be better than only checking like 1 out of every 20 or so people like Disney is doing, right?

Plus, the longest I've waited this year at Universal is maybe 10 minutes. It seems like it's going to be a long wait with how long the lines get, but X-raying bags is several times faster than having a human check every zipper on a 30-pocket diaper bag by hand.

Disney’s security is a joke, surprised that the most popular parks (especially MK) doesn’t have metal detectors.
They do, they just don't force everyone through them.

They need X-Ray machines for the bags more than anything. That's the best part of Universal's set-up right now.

Keep in mind that the entrances for Disney and Universal parks weren’t set up for this level of security. All that stuff has been added on over the years.
I realize that, and MK moving security from the park gate to Ticket and Transportation Center was a huge step.

I just prefer what Universal is doing right now over Disney and SeaWorld/Busch Gardens. Not only do I feel safer, but it can be considerably faster in the morning.

Reactions: SukaVayne73
Yeah Disney’s random metal detector screening is the absolute worst part and part of why I think Disney handles security worse than all the other parks. First of all anyone who takes the time to watch the pattern can easily intentionally bypass the metal detectors if they simply time it right. Secondly for a company that supposedly puts so much emphasis on guest service, the random selection can come off as accusatory or at least unfair to those who are selected. Not to mention separating families from their children during the process.

Reactions: Alicia
When Uni first started with security it was a nightmare, they have really learned and improved. I have had it that I arrived early and it seemed like it was going to be a nightmare because the whole pre-security area was full of people, yet generally it always ended up going smooth. Probably it could use some streamlining though. Seaworld on the other hand, that can be a nightmare, though a lot of it is because their entire turnstile area is way too small.

Uni's security seems the most "permanent" which makes it seems safer than the temporary white tents Dis/SW employs. I'm still surprised that we have yet to see permanent security structures from Disney/SW.