Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs | Page 128 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Don't do this to us...we are not ready.

...hotel?

Poor TM's gonna lose their yummy little bistro back there?
Would folks actually pay money to stay at a rickety old place like The Leaky Cauldron Inn? I mean, they don't even have a pool. But you can turn the lights on and off with your wand...or the switch.

But the food is yummy.

As long as each room has a Monster Book of Monsters under the bed I’m good.

latest

Last edited:
Yes. Dave brought this up, about a year ago for that area, on another thread (if you recall his asking what's happening with those buildings back there). Just Blue Sky internal Universal plans, but sure a possibility, and it's the perfect location for a small inn type place.

Reactions: Joel
I don’t think Universal could build a small Harry Potter hotel.

At any price point, the hotel would be busy enough to support at least a couple hundred rooms. There’s not room for that, nor is it in story.

If Universal built a small Leaky Cauldron Inn, it would be like the Disney Cinderella Suite. Invitation only, ridiculously expensive, and basically only for the powerful and famous.

Reactions: universal_fanatic
I don’t think Universal could build a small Harry Potter hotel.

At any price point, the hotel would be busy enough to support at least a couple hundred rooms. There’s not room for that, nor is it in story.

If Universal built a small Leaky Cauldron Inn, it would be like the Disney Cinderella Suite. Invitation only, ridiculously expensive, and basically only for the powerful and famous.
Wow what a way to totally dismiss an idea. I kind of agree with you as I don’t think its needed.

From bio's most recent pic of the area. The Red area in the bottom right is what was worked on when behind walls and what will continue to be worked on.

The pavers that were there before were popping up and causing guests to trip and fall, so Universal is putting in faux pavers that won't be affected by the dirt underneath and won't move after being placed.

R7xoSlJ.jpg

Always thought that was earthquake theming.;)
On a serious note, Richters is on piers over the lagoon. The problem is in front on that transition from ground to "dock". Not the red highlighted area. They must have done a better job originally in front of Lombards.

Last edited:
Always thought that was earthquake theming.;)
On a serious note, Richters is on piers over the lagoon. The problem is in front on that transition from ground to "dock". Not the red highlighted area. They must have done a better job originally in front of Lombards.
Yeah, but if they are changing out some for a different look, gotta change out all of them, which is why I pointed it out.

Reactions: Ridgepole