Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
should just get rid of them all together and put in the laser ones like they did at MK for HM

Laser ones definitely aren't as accurate, and for smaller guests that are carried by parents, you'd have to have an attendant watching for those and clicking an "Add Guest" button every time he/she sees one. Just one more thing to worry about. Plus, most parents nowadays have their kids walk through the manual turnstyles.

Looks like Hard Rock Cafe is getting an expansion?

Also I don't have a photo on me but the Exit turn styles are walled off at USF

Looks like they are planning on needing more entrance cues. Although, it is still currently being used as the exit.

USF-ExitTurnstiles.jpg

^ Say what?????

I wonder if we will see a reflow of guests entering or exiting the property? Or maybe the other turnstiles are getting ready for a make over as well?

That was my thoughts. The set up they have for the entrance to the park I have never liked. They need to remove the non essential ticket booths and open it up a little.

Looks like they are planning on needing more entrance cues. Although, it is still currently being used as the exit.

USF-ExitTurnstiles.jpg

now that's random... so we have four sets of turnstiles that can be used as entrances now... interesting. I would assume these would also be reversible and used for exit like every other theme park in the world can do with theirs?

now that's random... so we have four sets of turnstiles that can be used as entrances now... interesting. I would assume these would also be reversible and used for exit like every other theme park in the world can do with theirs?
Thats what I was thinking too. They might be adopting a system similar to Disneys. All turnstyles double as entrances and exits.

From UOTeam Newsletter

Show Quality Team Ensures Seamless Guest Experience

.....Just as The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ inspired the creation of The Universal Way to spread shared accountability and service excellence, it also inspired a renewed focus on show quality throughout our resort. Under senior leadership’s guidance, Universal Orlando formed a team dedicated to maintaining show excellence daily in every corner of our resort. Over the past year, the team has been focused on preserving and enhancing show quality in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter and looking for opportunities to make improvements resortwide.
.....The Show Quality team has been addressing improvements in both parks all year, including replacing the Marvel emblem lamps in Marvel Super Hero Island, repainting the rooftop of Circus McGurkus, reupholstering the seats at the Horror Make-Up Show, repairing and painting the roof of the Brown Derby Hat Shop, and adding realistic chimney smoke at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
.....One of largest projects that the team completed in 2011 was reinventing the circular structure or “drum” on the second level of the AMC Universal Cineplex 20. The Show Quality team worked to enhance the drum, by repainting the structure and adding a new LED high-tech lighting system that saves approximately 12,000 kilowatts of power. The multi-colored lights can be programmed to coincide with music for a dazzling show.
.....“This project was a huge undertaking and was a very long process due to the location of work. It took a team effort to pull this off with little impact to our guests,” says Scott Lewis, Manager of Show Quality. Much of the Show Quality team’s efforts could not be possible without the help from the different departments within Technical Services. “The project required many internal and external partnerships and support from our Operations team which made it possible.”
.....The new CityWalk drum can easily be seen from I-4 and is a shining example of this team’s impact. “The Show Quality team has already made a huge impression on our resort,” says Tim Samels, Sr. Director of Facilities. “I am very proud of this team’s ability to build strong partnerships and coordinate these substantial projects and am eager to see their continued footprint in 2012.”
.....Be sure to check out the Show Quality team’s work across our resort!

It's great to know how WWoHP revenue has allowed them to do so much to spruce up various areas of the resort! :happy:

EDIT: Woopwoop! 600[SUP]th[/SUP] post!!!

Show Quality Team...in other words no more condition of ______ threads haha...in all seriousness though I'm glad to see a team like this being developed. There are very small things that make the parks great and their just isn't enough time for some of the other teams to take care of them...

Wonderful! By the way, last time I was there I did notice the realistic chimney smoke at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter as well as the movie theater's new LED lights in the "drum"! :thumbs:

Go Uni! :)

Chimney smoke? LED light display? Reupholstering seats?? I love Universal with money!

On my latest trip I noticed many improvements since my last trip . Hulk,T2,and Twister all now have flat screens in the ques .Just wonder how much power that saves :)

Kevin38

^ I cannot tell what has been done in those photos. Were these recently repainted or the signs fixed and updated?

Sorry Teebin it was late and I was exhausted.
They have touched up the paint on Twister and I think the sign in front of the store has new letters or at least plastic inserts. There is work being done on drainage from what I could tell in front of Louigis. For as long as I can remember I have never seen that sign in Hollywood lit up and animated. The taxi in front of IOA has been repainted and the chair reupholstered.

Sorry Teebin it was late and I was exhausted.
They have touched up the paint on Twister and I think the sign in front of the store has new letters or at least plastic inserts. There is work being done on drainage from what I could tell in front of Louigis. For as long as I can remember I have never seen that sign in Hollywood lit up and animated. The taxi in front of IOA has been repainted and the chair reupholstered.

Thanks for the details. It is interesting to reflect back before Potter and how many of us carped about Uni keeping things up to par in the parks. In hind sight it is really a difficult call how they could have justified spending money they didn't have. Interesting that Potter is sprucing up US yet many don't want Potter in US. There comes a time when "You can't have your cake and eat it to"

Thanks for the details. It is interesting to reflect back before Potter and how many of us carped about Uni keeping things up to par in the parks. In hind sight it is really a difficult call how they could have justified spending money they didn't have. Interesting that Potter is sprucing up US yet many don't want Potter in US. There comes a time when "You can't have your cake and eat it to"

I just don't feel maintenance, which should be figured into their budget already with paid attendance, should be applauded or credited to Potter. Hell it might be HHNs money paying for it...