Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Great update, hatetofly! Thanks!

I think the park does look a lot better with the new asphalt treatment. I'm really happy to see all these enhancements all over! Nice job, Universal :thumbs:

Great update, HTF! The refurbishments have definitely improved the park for the better. I can't say I'm a big fan of the new game location though. :shrug:

Great update, HTF! The refurbishments have definitely improved the park for the better. I can't say I'm a big fan of the new game location though. :shrug:

I'm wondering about that too, but I'll wait to see it in person. The traffic won't be bad there, because it is a big space. But it does kill the view of MiB, and from MiB it might look ugly as well. Though, this is probably the best spot to put it for in terms of space and location/theme.

I must say that I loathe the color scheme of the Hard Rock now. The color is too heavy and near monochromatic. Go look at a picture of the old scheme and compare to now. *gag,spit,choke*

I must say that I loathe the color scheme of the Hard Rock now. The color is too heavy and near monochromatic. Go look at a picture of the old scheme and compare to now. *gag,spit,choke*

HardRockCafeOrlando.jpg

vs.

IMG_0040.jpg

(hatetofly's pic)

Before it was pretty monochromatic too, just the red columns stood out more. But yeah, maybe it would've looked better if they just brightened up the colors that were already there. :shrug:

The pleasant contrast is what they have killed. Cream, grey and red marble a warmer light tone of cream. Almost all of it is of the same 'tone' (tone is a colorist term that sorta means that if you took a black and white picture of it... it would all be the same gradation of gray) now. Today, one cannot put cool (blue leaning) reds next to the building, even though they are doing just that... the sign, the awnings are all cool reds. I love change, but this is a disgusting result to me.

^ The blend of warm colors looks fine to me. It gets into the color theme of the Hard Rock Cafe. Plus the new coat makes it more attractive (if you like those colors).

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I'm pretty sure were going to see more and more of this color scheme as the year progresses.

EDIT: I mean throughout Citywalk...