Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Makes sense as the southern end of the lake has already been done.

Not very exciting but Universal filed a Notice of Commencement with ModelWerks to work on "Decks and Railings" in City Walk.

http://or.occompt.com/recorder/eagl...9782.pdf?id=DOC933S2340.A0&parent=DOC933S2340

They've already started on this. Today there was a section walled off, and there were cranes digging away. Here's a couple of pics I got:

IMAG0601.jpg

IMAG0602.jpg

A little more exciting, ModelWerks may also be moving the Jaws photo-op (as has been rumored)

http://or.occompt.com/recorder/eagl...9781.pdf?id=DOC933S2339.A0&parent=DOC933S2339

Photo-op still in the same place.

On another note, the progress on the siding for Lombards:

IMAG0612.jpg

And on another more random note, rubble on the lots south of Uni:

IMAG0600.jpg

Why do parks pull these odd dumping practices? Is it to save time and allow some company to come in and bid on the recycle of concrete? What I am getting at is that it won't stay there, so why not cart it off to its end location to begin with? Disney does even more bizarre stuff with its destroyed rides. Example for those of you who are new to theme park forums: The Nautilus submarines from the MK attraction are buried in a landfill on property, intact.

It probably saves them money somehow. Maybe if they gather all their trash and pay some company to throw it all out at the same time, rather than several trips? :shrug:

That and it can give them somewhere quickly to move all of this, so more work can sooner start on the project area.

I assume this will be Potter II related, but secretly hoping this is connected to a new nighttime entrance for Rockit.

You may be on to something here. It's too early for Potter IMO. But, I could see them building a new entrance for Rockit. That's more in line with what the company does.

Where would you guys think they'd put a new entrance? There already is a door by Rockit's lockers/queue area, though it's probably more of a service / TM door than anything guests would use. And then there's the USF entrance by the Blue Man Group theatre.

Everything they really need for crowd control into the HRRR area is already built and ready to go. Maybe some electrical fences return to JP :pray:

Why would they be doing that so early? Isn't there still base work to do on the Amity coastline? I'm hoping it's for a night entrance for Rockit, but I can't see a company that's in it for the finished product be put to use so early unless it's only to get the contract out of the way before actual work can start.