Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Since it keeps being mentioned, EVERYTHING is ALREADY IN PLACE for Rockit to open from outside the park near the BMG show entrance. It has been that way since it was built. Not that. :wave:

Since it keeps being mentioned, EVERYTHING is ALREADY IN PLACE for Rockit to open from outside the park near the BMG show entrance. It has been that way since it was built. Not that. :wave:

Which might have happened had the ride not been an operational nightmare.

I never bought that the ride would be open to Citywalk guests at night to be honest. I think that is just what people inferred due to it being crammed where it is. The reason it is there becuase it was the only place Universal could cram an ordinary large coaster experience like that. The concept art of it going out in that field in front of Blue Man Group is what seem to start all of that.

A coaster running from 9-12am constantly year round would be a maintenance nightmare.

According to the press release (posted here), there was no mention of accessing the ride from CityWalk. I think it was indeed planned and people heard about it, but the plans just never came to fruition with all the problems and delays and closures Rockit had. The gate between the ride and the BMG theater is an obvious sign that it was planned, because otherwise there's no need for that entrance, in my opinion. I think the after-hours Rockit plans are probably shelved and they're focusing more on the new attractions and new entertainment within the park.

According to the press release (posted here), there was no mention of accessing the ride from CityWalk. I think it was indeed planned and people heard about it, but the plans just never came to fruition with all the problems and delays and closures Rockit had. The gate between the ride and the BMG theater is an obvious sign that it was planned, because otherwise there's no need for that entrance, in my opinion. I think the after-hours Rockit plans are probably shelved and they're focusing more on the new attractions and new entertainment within the park.

That gate has always been there since The Hard Rock's location at that CityWalk spot as to entice people to easily have a good meal there and come right back in the park. They just had to alter it a bit for Rockit.

If it would of been cost effective for Universal to open the ride to CityWalk, they would of done it.

The company that built the Universal arch and globe have been contracted to do some "fence" work at USF

http://or.occompt.com/recorder/eagl...88.pdf?id=DOC945S24459.A0&parent=DOC945S24459

Well this might be the answer to this.

April112012Part2052.jpg

Well this might be the answer to this.

April112012Part2052.jpg

Where is that at? I think you're right.

Btw, 2 permits were filed today for USF: one dealing with the removal of infrastructure and structure debris and the other for "soil removal." I assume it's Jaws/Amity related. Same company doing the demolition.

The sound stage you see is E.T. Adventure. This is the gate adjacent to the Hollywood Hotel and the Pantages Theatre, fakely named "Esoteric Studios". This is indeed the gate repair work that was filed, and it's to better accommodate the floats of the new parade.

^ Well, I will argue with the comptroller over the difference between a gate and a fence. Call me strange and too focused on the word 'definition'. So, until further notice, a fence might mean 'fence', railing', 'balustrade', or barring any dictionary or thesaurus, a 'gate'.

Reactions: Felipe
News and notes around the resort.

Any day where fire is on ALL JP Gates is a GREAT DAY in IOA

April112012062.jpg

April112012060.jpg

They are keeping up with paint in multiple areas

April112012059.jpg

April112012057.jpg

100th Anniversary Banners are showing up everywhere in the Studios

April112012Part2055-1.jpg

When did this arrive here?

April112012074.jpg

The new planks around Richters and Lombards are almost done

April112012Part2026.jpg

April112012Part2036.jpg

April112012Part2035.jpg

The Lombards Facade is still looking "odd" :lol:

April112012Part2033.jpg

April112012Part2034.jpg

And last but not least, the Photo Op

April112012Part2032.jpg

Reactions: Felipe
Teebin, you are right. There is a new fence going up behind Amity where the apartments are.

Ok, I believe this to be true, however, JK2 Holmes isn't known for installing common chain-link and yet their name is on the doc referencing 'fence'. So... not sure what this might be about.

Universal's own maintenance department would be able to put up a simple fence. Looking forward to what happens at the gate.

That gate has always been there since The Hard Rock's location at that CityWalk spot as to entice people to easily have a good meal there and come right back in the park. They just had to alter it a bit for Rockit.

If it would of been cost effective for Universal to open the ride to CityWalk, they would of done it.

At one point there was a survey floating around about opening RockIt on weekend nights for Citywalk guest.

I remember those, and I think those surveys answers convinced them it was still not cost productive, hence why we don't have it.

Thanks for the pic, Bob!

Do you guys think there's a chance that they'll re-theme the entire kid zone to a Nicktoons area, with Spongebob and the like? Changing the theme of Woody's coaster, and that random play place on that random corner? (Well, except for Barney which I guess is still quite popular and "current" with little kids)