Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs

Walls are up around Richter's, looks like they're putting in the faux bricks that won't pop up just like they already did last year on the other side.
Yea I saw that yesterday. Can’t believe they’re only now getting to the front. Figured it was all done already.

Not a refurb - but nice to see.

Quick note: The Zebra Coalition is far better a place for donations than GLSEN or whomever Disney’s donating to. Zebra helps temporarily house homeless LGBT+ youth in Orlando, offers financial support for education, helps people with mental health, and more. If you’re gonna buy some merch this pride month, buy Universal’s!

Quick note: The Zebra Coalition is far better a place for donations than GLSEN or whomever Disney’s donating to. Zebra helps temporarily house homeless LGBT+ youth in Orlando, offers financial support for education, helps people with mental health, and more. If you’re gonna buy some merch this pride month, buy Universal’s!
I’m just wondering why their name is Zebra :?:

Disney released their line this week as well. June is pride month. (Even though gay days was moved to August for some reason.)

Ah, true. I keep forgetting that it’s almost a June already.

Also, do you know if the gay days dates line up with Galaxy’s Edge opening? That could make some sense, if so.

Ah, true. I keep forgetting that it’s almost a June already.

Also, do you know if the gay days dates line up with Galaxy’s Edge opening? That could make some sense, if so.
It's August 13th through 19th. I think the event coordinators claimed they moved it to get better room rates/better parking, and to not compete with other events of similar nature around the country. I think it was a dumb move, but that's me.

Speaking of Pulse, does anyone remember where the memorial with the names of the Universal team member’s who were lost is? I know it’s in Hollywood, but I forgot exactly where.

Universal-pulse-window-by-Don-Gworek-1.jpg

Hey there, My husband and I are going to Universal this December. My husband has some anxiety issues with crowds. Ive been going to WDW for years and know of all the spots there to make things work for him to have breaks away from the crowds. We are planning to go Dec 9-14, which has crowd level 2-3, so that way the crowds are low.

Question: Where in the parks at Universal are some of the best resting spots to get away from crowds?

Good news is there will be very few people there. Here's some places I recommend in the parks to escape to:
  • Central Park by the lagoon in USF
Speaking of Pulse, does anyone remember where the memorial with the names of the Universal team member’s who were lost is? I know it’s in Hollywood, but I forgot exactly where.

Above the entrance to Horror Make up, in a second story window of the Pantages theater facade.

Still gets me when I look up at that. Of all window tributes it is the most powerful for me.

I’m just wondering why their name is Zebra :?:

Probably relating to how despite the fact that each zebra is striped differently, they all are the same species. Or perhaps because they’re mostly highly social creatures that are very protective of their foals and harems as a whole. They haven’t really stated why that’s their name.

Disney released their line this week as well. June is pride month. (Even though gay days was moved to August for some reason.)

The Gay Days "moved" was a company that took over a long standing tradition, and turned it into a corporate circuit party (originally it was a local BBS get together that morphed into a big day in the park, and Thursdays at Pleasure Island). The "traditional" non-corporate date is still the first Saturday in June. The circuit party moved to August.

The Gay Days "moved" was a company that took over a long standing tradition, and turned it into a corporate circuit party (originally it was a local BBS get together that morphed into a big day in the park, and Thursdays at Pleasure Island). The "traditional" non-corporate date is still the first Saturday in June. The circuit party moved to August.
Oh I still imagine there’ll be plenty of redshirts in the parks next month, but if you look up the schedule for Walt Disney World Gay Days on google, you’re going to find their website, and see that it moved. I understand it was co-opted, but that’s what a lot of out of town people planning look to for scheduling details.