Universal Plaza | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Plaza

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I do have a feeling that the tower will promote stuff. And a new filming location in the park!

Last edited:
If they do happen to release info regarding an official opening date, I'd love for us to do another member meet up. Like, an unofficial one, since we'll be the only ones geeking out over it :p
I'm going to be heading back up north for University in late September, so I wouldn't put too much money on this happening. If Chris and Adriana want to organize an event without me, that may also be a possibility.

But the following two months will be very busy for us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhh gotcha. Well, whoever wants to come for an unofficial IU meet up, the option is there! I'll be there hopefully, I can't wait to see it in person :)

We can all just show and can call it "unofficial" lol.

I'm trying my very best to make a trip to the park before Curious George and The Flintstones say their goodbyes. After that, I'll have to go right back to check Universal Plaza out. :D

Talk of UP having walls down by August 30.  However, not everything may be completed or open.  I would have liked to have seen UP lit up at night for HHN, I have high expectations for the illuminated view for this area.  

Talk of UP having walls down by August 30.  However, not everything may be completed or open.  I would have liked to have seen UP lit up at night for HHN, I have high expectations for the illuminated view for this area.  
 Its going too look Amazing! Really looking forward for this.  :D   

20130821_143445_zps52f6e930.jpg

Scaffolding has finally come down!

Mmmmhmm.

Think of the early days of USF's Springfield -- walls down, and you can walk around, but some stuff will not be finished or able to be walked into.

Makes me wonder what the delay was. Because it's very obvious now that they could've had this finished a long time ago. Look how quickly they closed up and almost fully finished the tower! Better late than never though:)

I absolutely love the design, so ornate and gorgeous. The pointy top looks a tad awkward and out of place though. Cant put my finger on it. Ill reserve my final judgement once it's fully done. Gotta say though, it's beautiful....probably even more so than Disney's Carthay Circle Theatre. That one wins in the historical aspect, this wins in ornate design! :)