Universal Plaza | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Plaza

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I sure hope so. Those walls are themed well, with props in front of them. I also wonder if the Van Diesel wax figure will melt one day.

I still vote we move the vin diesel figure to the F&F Tokyo Drift tour segment, mount him on a kuka arm, and watch him flop around. Can't get any funnier than that (unless they also added ET to one of the kuka arms. "ET & Vin Diesel: Extreme Closeup For No Reason."

I still vote we move the vin diesel figure to the F&F Tokyo Drift tour segment, mount him on a kuka arm, and watch him flop around. Can't get any funnier than that (unless they also added ET to one of the kuka arms. "ET & Vin Diesel: Extreme Closeup For No Reason."
I have a better idea: get rid of F&F Close Up and replace it with an E.T. segment. That movie gets no love on the tour!

Ooooor we can bring back the ride? ;)

But yeah, I really wish Universal's classic blockbusters got more exposure and love at the park. Even if they're considered too "old" to be attractions anymore, they're still immensely popular and people really identity Universal with the classics more than any recent Universal movie. There should be more mention.

Not to stray too far off topic, but I think Back to the Future would be a brilliant replacement for the F&F segment! Enclose the F&F "arena", add a bit of height, and then add a force perspective Clock Tower and Hill Valley set, and put a fiber glass DeLorean on the kuka arm, have it "fly around", and feature "lightning" effects, a fire trail, and other pyrotechnics. Couple that with the famous score and have that all in a cozy enclosed segmant, i think it would be a hit! And considering it'd be in the dark, it would hide the kuka arm even better and let it blend in.

Back to Universal Plaza, I wonder how "iconic" the new tower will be to the park and if it'll share the fame with the classic globe, and I'm curious if it'll be featured in any other park in the future.

So they added palm trees to go with the whole California/Rodeo drive feel. But palm trees aren't even native to California...

Still fitting with the Hollywood vibe tho. It's something that seems more real or natural than it really is.

I don't think it's proper wax. If it were, I'm assuming it would have melted already...
It's real wax. It's a legit madame Tussade figure. It's the way they're made that keeps them that way i saw the process when i went to the museum. They do put him away at night at least, to help with the maintenance.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ yeah, the way they make those figures is fascinating, I've always been interested in it. They're so unbelievably high quality and detailed, yet also very durable considering they're handled by guests all day!

Oh gosh, can you imagine if they themed Universal plaza to Rodeo Drive or Beverly Hills? That'd be...interesting haha.

It's real wax. It's a legit madame Tussade figure. It's the way they're made that keeps them that way i saw the process when i went to the museum. They do put him away at night at least, to help with the maintenance.
I'm impressed. I've always been under the illusion that these wax figures were sensitive to extreme heat. I wonder how they preserve these figures to look so pristine.

By the way, I have to recant what I said about Plaza not being used for Horror Nights. I don't think it's going to play a central role in the event, but they're definitely being creative in what they can use for additional space.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BernardMesa
Did anyone else see this?
9473983369_aedbf199fa_o.jpg

We might see a Labor Day opening after all. Looks like they're pushing money into this thing to speed up its development.

The Universal Plaza theater (I'm calling it that now), looks absolutely gorgeous so far! The details look fantastic, and I'm nervous I'm gonna like it MORE than the Carthay! I love the intricate art deco look.

I just hope it'll be used beyond just being a super fancy facade for the damn Hollywood Ticket Outlet. They can make it work and not be TOO cheesy and have it blend in (have it be a "theatre" with posters of coming "attractions" being tickets to different venues and what not)

I hope it'll be something more than that.

I just hope it'll be used beyond just being a super fancy facade for the damn Hollywood Ticket Outlet. They can make it work and not be TOO cheesy and have it blend in (have it be a "theatre" with posters of coming "attractions" being tickets to different venues and what not)

I hope it'll be something more than that.
Well, if it makes you feel better, there'll be an additional item in there aside from the HTO. But that aside it's mostly just a weenie in the vein of Sleeping Beauty Castle at DL.