Universal Plaza | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Plaza

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't want something similar to the look of the Lower Lot buildings. I want that look to stay down there, not come up to the Upper Lot. I don't mind something modern, but the studio design of the Lower Lot buildings would be too monotonous.

Reactions: MaynardPt
So in other words, they're really putting in some effort with this project? Not just slapping down some random entertainment choices?
Judging from the pictures, I'm guessing this is the case. It definitely looks like they're taking their time with the details.

I see a push coming soon and probably some 24/7 work weeks.  I cannot imagine they would want to still have these walls up in August.  Yikes!  Scares me to think about it.

The map doesn't include that much detail, but I don't think so.

Not with what I've seen so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking that awhile back, but with the addition of these eateries and the water play area, it's taken a different route. The central park area at USF is more of a calm spot, while this project seems to be surrounded by entertainment.

Ok so we pretty much made an amazing discovery about Universal Plaza! I can't believe we're not speculating more!!! Gettin' lazy you guys :p

Soooo.....I personally am in shock that we're getting what looks like a new icon for the park! Especially one so big! We went from thinking it's going to be a semi-temporary grassy area until they think of a ride to put there in many years, to a more detailed, central plaza area with a new Art Deco inspired icon for USH! That's crazy!

Is Art Deco the best idea lead we've had so far on its design? Any speculation/ideas if it'll be inspired by any specific building? Any clues what might go inside?

I think it'll be an art deco clock tower with the universal logo somewhere, somehow.

I'm so frikin excited! It will truly change the feel of the park.

I think artdeco is a great choice especially back in the early Hollywood and early universal we saw a lot of art deco type building's so i'm happy.