Universal Studios Experience DLC Comes to Minecraft | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Experience DLC Comes to Minecraft

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Have a feeling this is related to the USH Minecraft Server. Maybe an "expansion" with a UOR Server?....

As a big fan of Minecraft, I think would make for a great land at Universal. (Totally not biased)

The USH Minecraft experience was rather small scale, and was only available to play for less than a week. I imagine this would be a more permanent thing with a lot more to do.

Reactions: TylerG
Can't view replies without a Twitter account so I can't tell exactly what is going on here. I'll just say that Minecraft representation in a theme park would be very, very cool. Video Games rarely get the theme park treatment like Movies, TV, Musicians do, so getting a TLoU Haunt attraction, Super Mario/DKC Land, potentially a FNaF Haunt this year, and something Minecraft related to boot all within a few years of each other would be such an incredible sight.

Can't view replies without a Twitter account so I can't tell exactly what is going on here. I'll just say that Minecraft representation in a theme park would be very, very cool. Video Games rarely get the theme park treatment like Movies, TV, Musicians do, so getting a TLoU Haunt attraction, Super Mario/DKC Land, potentially a FNaF Haunt this year, and something Minecraft related to boot all within a few years of each other would be such an incredible sight.
The implication based on their comments is that it will be a Universal Studios experience within Minecraft, and not the other way around. This announcement may have been expedited in response to Disney's collaboration with Fortnite that was announced last week.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Here’s a tweet from Scott that has some of the replies:

Reactions: Jerroddragon
The implication based on their comments is that it will be a Universal Studios experience within Minecraft, and not the other way around. This announcement may have been expedited in response to Disney's collaboration with Fortnite that was announced last week.
I believe then Universal wins. Minecraft seems to transcend more age levels than Fortnite. I am not going to let my 6 year old play Fortnite, but he is allowed to play Minecraft. Even my husband plays it with the kids. Fortnite has never been popular in my area, very few kids I know play it, now I will say my oldest is 13 and maybe that changes when she is 15/16 but I still come back to the point that Minecraft plays across more age groups. It is huge with my 13 year old's crowd and has been since Covid started and they needed ways to play virtually with their friends. Roblox is the other big one in her crowd. But when you go looking in boys clothing Minecraft is what you see, not Fortnite. Many birthday parties from 5 to 15 are themed Minecraft too.

It's a pretty interesting market...
  • Roblox - geared towards younger children/pre-teens, all genders play with a variety of options
  • Minecraft - pre-teen, mainly boys
  • Fortnite - pre-teen and teens
Roblox is more popular than Minecraft, but because of how many options there are on the site, its popularity is spread between thousands of games/communities. There was some discussion on Disney potentially acquiring Roblox years back, but thankfully that was around 2018/2019 when they decided to get out of the video game market entirely. Ever since Covid, popularity in Roblox surged at a ridiculous amount and overtook Minecraft in active players.

It's a pretty interesting market...
  • Roblox - geared towards younger children/pre-teens, all genders play with a variety of options
  • Minecraft - pre-teen, mainly boys
  • Fortnite - pre-teen and teens
Roblox is more popular than Minecraft, but because of how many options there are on the site, its popularity is spread between thousands of games/communities. There was some discussion on Disney potentially acquiring Roblox years back, but thankfully that was around 2018/2019 when they decided to get out of the video game market entirely. Ever since Covid, popularity in Roblox surged at a ridiculous amount and overtook Minecraft in active players.
I don't know that Minecraft is mainly boys. My daughter and her friends who are all girls have been playing for years. I think the gender part may have changed during Covid. If it was just my daughter who also loves dragons I would agree, but all her friends who are into fashion and other girly things also play Minecraft. They love Roblox too, but I don't think that would translate into the parks as well since it can literally be anything. They would play both starting during Covid. Now my 9 year old and some of her girl friends have been playing in the last year. My 9 year old begged for it when she was 8 for Christmas on the switch so she could play since she doesn't have a computer. She also loves Barbies and dolls lol

They would all freak if something Minecraft came to the parks.

I believe then Universal wins. Minecraft seems to transcend more age levels than Fortnite. I am not going to let my 6 year old play Fortnite, but he is allowed to play Minecraft. Even my husband plays it with the kids. Fortnite has never been popular in my area, very few kids I know play it, now I will say my oldest is 13 and maybe that changes when she is 15/16 but I still come back to the point that Minecraft plays across more age groups. It is huge with my 13 year old's crowd and has been since Covid started and they needed ways to play virtually with their friends. Roblox is the other big one in her crowd. But when you go looking in boys clothing Minecraft is what you see, not Fortnite. Many birthday parties from 5 to 15 are themed Minecraft too.
I haven't been a huge fan of Fortnite either but they have become more of a platform than a game at this point, they even have game companies making the different subgames like the people that made Rocket League and Rock Band. I would definitely give it another look.

I looked into Lego Fortnite when it came out because my son is a huge Minecraft fan but I'm totally burned out on it and don't play it anymore. I was shocked with the parental controls and age restrictions that Epic has in Fortnite now ranging from limiting screen time, games they can play, reports, etc. So I have it set up so that he can play Lego Fortnite (Minecraft like), Rocket League, and Festival (Rock Band).

We also just let him start playing Roblox since a ton of his friends play but a lot of the stuff in Roblox is just plain bad, but it seems like there may be ways that people sneak non-kid friendly stuff into it.

He still plays Minecraft more than anything, but I think if he were just starting one of them now, both he and I would probably gravitate more towards Lego Fortnite

I haven't been a huge fan of Fortnite either but they have become more of a platform than a game at this point, they even have game companies making the different subgames like the people that made Rocket League and Rock Band. I would definitely give it another look.

I looked into Lego Fortnite when it came out because my son is a huge Minecraft fan but I'm totally burned out on it and don't play it anymore. I was shocked with the parental controls and age restrictions that Epic has in Fortnite now ranging from limiting screen time, games they can play, reports, etc. So I have it set up so that he can play Lego Fortnite (Minecraft like), Rocket League, and Festival (Rock Band).

We also just let him start playing Roblox since a ton of his friends play but a lot of the stuff in Roblox is just plain bad, but it seems like there may be ways that people sneak non-kid friendly stuff into it.

He still plays Minecraft more than anything, but I think if he were just starting one of them now, both he and I would probably gravitate more towards Lego Fortnite
He will be learning Rocket League in his eSports club. He is 6 and I am not into 1st player shorter games for a 6 year old. I will look into the Lego version, but right now I also prefer things his sister plays and can help him with since he is in Kindergarten and a beginner reader.

Roblox is one I trust my 13 year old with, but will need to figure out how to monitor it more when my 9 year old wants to play, she is way less trustworthy lol

Reactions: MrRoamer
He will be learning Rocket League in his eSports club. He is 6 and I am not into 1st player shorter games for a 6 year old. I will look into the Lego version, but right now I also prefer things his sister plays and can help him with since he is in Kindergarten and a beginner reader.

Roblox is one I trust my 13 year old with, but will need to figure out how to monitor it more when my 9 year old wants to play, she is way less trustworthy lol
Yeah I totally feel you there, mine is almost 8 and has been into gaming for a hot minute. We stay away from shooters and stuff for him too, only a few minor exceptions.

Some cool cooperative games that he's been liking a lot are Ticket to Warp and Out of Space,

Yeah I totally feel you there, mine is almost 8 and has been into gaming for a hot minute. We stay away from shooters and stuff for him too, only a few minor exceptions.

Some cool cooperative games that he's been liking a lot are Ticket to Warp and Out of Space,
I assume next school year I can open him up to more games. I just can't always be there when he is playing since I work, have Girl Scouts, etc. With 3 kids I need him to play things he can play by himself or his sisters can help him.

He for sure likes video games.

Reactions: MrRoamer
Having briefly tried the previous map, I would not expect this to be an accurate depiction of either park, but rather have a focus on explorable areas based on Universal's IPs. There was a semi-accurate recreation of USH's entrance, as well as Amity, Shrek's Swamp, and The Wild West Stunt Show.