Universal Studios Japan General Discussion | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Japan General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Most temporary overlays don't get rides but full scale walk through events or shows. The only thing that has been a ride was Kyary paru paru or whatever her name VR headset for Space Fantasy.
You have to admit it's more than a tad misleading to call it Godzilla: The Ride with it not even being a ride, though.

You have to admit it's more than a tad misleading to call it Godzilla: The Ride with it not even being a ride, though.

That's a rehosted video. The title of attraction is Shin Godzilla 4d: The Real. But real events are always precursor to bigger/larger scale things at USJ. So if successful, could become a ride.

Reactions: Nick
That's a rehosted video. The title of attraction is Shin Godzilla 4d: The Real. But real events are always precursor to bigger/larger scale things at USJ. So if successful, could become a ride.
Gotcha. I don't keep up with international parks as much so I don't have nearly as good of a grip on them as with domestic parks.

Reactions: quinnmac000
Understandable. I keep up to date on USJ only because its what lead to UOR and USH getting Hello Kitty so who knows what else it would bring to the states.
Godzilla would be a good IP for a 3rd park, but I can't imagine it at either of the existing parks. Of course it would have to be a unique ride as comparison's to Kong would no doubt arise.

idx_pic_slider_dragonquest.jpg

Starting March 17, Universal Studios Japan will offer a variety of attractions and entertainment that goes one step beyond the norm with Dragon Quest: The Real, a walk-through interactive experience based on the beloved video game.

Three reasons why you can become a real hero and engage in real battles in this well-loved world of adventure

1. You can choose your vocation, grab a weapon and go on an adventure

Guests will choose from Dragon Quest vocations, such as warrior or mage, giving the role their own unique spin with weapon in hand, and cooperate with a party of friends to advance. Within the attraction, the weapons will change to match the features of each person’s vocation, and by casting spells, they can attack monsters using their own abilities.

2. You can explore actual Dungeons, painstakingly reproduced with high quality

On arriving at the castle entrance, guests will receive a certain request from the King, and embark on a world of adventure. Together with their allies, guests will work their way through dungeons, with detailed features like frozen passages, brandishing their weapons at the series of monsters that appear.

3. You can defeat monsters to gain experience points and “level up”

When guests defeat monsters, they will gain experience points and “level up”. By increasing their stats (abilities) and becoming stronger, guests can truly experience the “growth” factor that could be described as Dragon Quest‘s real charm, heightening the sense of accomplishment.

This sounds so next level.......

http://www.nbcuniversal.com/article/comcast-nbcu-acquires-remaining-49-stake-universal-studios-japan

Universal has fully purchased USJ, making Singapore the only existing Uni park in the world that Universal Parks and Resorts does not fully own. In comparison, Disney does not fully own several of their parks including the Tokyo parks, Paris (although they're looking into buying it outright) and Shanghai.

This is a smart and ambitious move as Japan continues to do great business, especially looking forward with Nintendo on the horizon.

What does this mean for USJ and Universal in the long run, is it the same sort of thing as Disney taking full control and Disneyland Paris or ?

What does this mean for USJ and Universal in the long run, is it the same sort of thing as Disney taking full control and Disneyland Paris or ?

DLPR basically had an investor pull out and Disney was caught with its pants down with a struggling resort. USJ is the strongest park in the division that they now own outright.

It's amazing to see how much money Comcast is investing into its theme parks. But I will say this, I'm afraid USJ might lose what made it so special with Comcast coming in. Hopefully, they'll be smart with the changes that are coming to that park.