Universal Studios Japan General Discussion | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Japan General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The question is now, will they change the park to fit what they do in the at the other parks (get rid of the seasonal overlays and events that made their mark), or do they keep the business strategy in place that Glenn Gumpel implemented that also help sustain USJ's popularity post Potter?

The question is now, will they change the park to fit what they do in the at the other parks (get rid of the seasonal overlays and events that made their mark), or do they keep the business strategy in place that Glenn Gumpel implemented that also help sustain USJ's popularity post Potter?
Well, they've stayed the course in the past 15 months as a majority owner that makes the decisions. I don't see why that would change now.

Well, they've stayed the course in the past 15 months as a majority owner that makes the decisions. I don't see why that would change now.

They could be more risky as they weren't assuming the same amount of loss if something was messed up. Now with it just being Comcast, with the cloning, they are playing it safe at every park.

Cloning attractions make financial sense for any company. When 99.9% of guests here in the US will never get to Japan, there's no real reason to do something different just for theme park nerds.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I expect that Japan will keep to its current course of success while they change infastructure. Clones are likely, but that doesn't mean that they will go away from things that make profit.

I highly expect Cool and Horror Nights to stay, but it'll be handled differently than what they have done in the past.

Cloning attractions make financial sense for any company. When 99.9% of guests here in the US will never get to Japan, there's no real reason to do something different just for theme park nerds.

US/Japan don't share a lot of guests but China/Singapore/Japan/Korea have a lot of common travelers who transit between those countries for trips because its quite cheap. With USB coming on line with their own potter land and cloned attractions, less Asian travelers may come to Osaka and may rather go to China instead. Osaka may be a local's park but lot of international travelers for Potter.

Of note, new NBCUniversal job specifically in Japan for a content strategist whose main job is to make local acquisitions for Universal. Brian Roberts on Monday stated that NBCUniversal future lies in franchises and animation, two things Japan is known for. This information leads me to believe some acquisitons of some Japanese IPs will be in play so keep a look out and this could possibly tell the expansion and potential overlays Universal may use in the park. Also the job isn't just with film acquisition but across of NBCuniversal businesses including theme parks.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Of note, new NBCUniversal job specifically in Japan for a content strategist whose main job is to make local acquisitions for Universal. Brian Roberts on Monday stated that NBCUniversal future lies in franchises and animation, two things Japan is known for. This information leads me to believe some acquisitons of some Japanese IPs will be in play so keep a look out and this could possibly tell the expansion and potential overlays Universal may use in the park. Also the job isn't just with film acquisition but across of NBCuniversal businesses including theme parks.
Good important info. Thanks for the heads up. This is definitely worth watching. :thumbsup:

Also of note, they added commentary by Levi from Attack on Titan to Hollywood Dream as well as Shin Godzilla soundtrack and other special tracks. They may have added more narrations of characters to Hollywood dream as well but those two have been confirmed

Is there really a new ride vehicle for Minions in USJ? Or is this just another Supercharged situation?

That would make sense. I wonder how their capacity will compare then as they'll definitely need it.