Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 187 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Controversial statement....

Well since the new park will need to attract adult women....Universal should add in Animal Crossing because according to the last earning report women primarily those 18 and above love them some Tom Nook and shipped 63,000 units last fiscal quarter despite being released in 2012 and shipped more copies than Pokémon Sun and Moon.

Nintendo Co., Ltd. ADR 2018 Q3 - Results - Earnings Call Slides - Nintendo Co., Ltd. ADR (OTCMKTS:NTDOY) | Seeking Alpha

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
I don't know if Animal Crossing could support a full land, but a small cafe + gift shop themed to the roost featuring a K.K. Slider animatronic performing certainly would be nice.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
giphy.gif

This gal has a very Animal Crossing vibe to her.

And even though it'd never happen, I'd love a Wicked musical dark ride. Frankly I just want a ride I can sing along with... maybe Shrek will have Smash Mouth or something.

I don't know if Animal Crossing could support a full land, but a small cafe + gift shop themed to the roost featuring a K.K. Slider animatronic performing certainly would be nice.
Oh. My. God. How have I not thought of a K.K. Slider mini-show in a cafe or another smaller area. Pure brilliance. Although they might have to worry about brawls breaking out in front of the concert on Saturdays ;).

Reactions: captainmoch
Controversial statement....

Well since the new park will need to attract adult women....Universal should add in Animal Crossing because according to the last earning report women primarily those 18 and above love them some Tom Nook and shipped 63,000 units last fiscal quarter despite being released in 2012 and shipped more copies than Pokémon Sun and Moon.

Nintendo Co., Ltd. ADR 2018 Q3 - Results - Earnings Call Slides - Nintendo Co., Ltd. ADR (OTCMKTS:NTDOY) | Seeking Alpha
Now THAT is a franchise that wouldn’t get a full 7 acres. Was it even included in the initial pitch?
View attachment 6518

This gal has a very Animal Crossing vibe to her.

And even though it'd never happen, I'd love a Wicked musical dark ride. Frankly I just want a ride I can sing along with... maybe Shrek will have Smash Mouth or something.
A mixed land with other cutesy Japanese stuff is one way to include it.

Reactions: E.Gadd
My blue sky wish is that universal decides to have multiple castles in this park, with one of them being Dracula’s castle housing a monster dark ride haunted mansion style. I’m dying on this hill. Wolfman, Frankenstein, Dracula, creature from black lagoon, all too iconic to be limited to a table service that might end up getting the boot from USF anyway.
Not getting my hopes up, but if I had a genie.....

Reactions: Ashhanbre
If this park is primarily fantasy themed in nature, centering it around Shrek's Far Far Away makes the most sense to me, especially if it's a hub and spoke layout.

I just can't see them having a partner IP in the center of the park, so no Mario or Bilbo there(or Kitty lol), and Berk should obviously be in the most northern part of the park, Po's Village in the east.

All of those are fantasy realms, so they'd fit around "the Hollywood of Fairy Land", plus the Shrek brand of referential humor would likely make it even easier to transition from Far Far Away to one of these other settings.

Would a big fairy tale castle hub-and-spoke be too on the nose though?

If this park is primarily fantasy themed in nature, centering it around Shrek's Far Far Away makes the most sense to me, especially if it's a hub and spoke layout.

I just can't see them having a partner IP in the center of the park, so no Mario or Bilbo there(or Kitty lol), and Berk should obviously be in the most northern part of the park, Po's Village in the east.

All of those are fantasy realms, so they'd fit around "the Hollywood of Fairy Land", plus the Shrek brand of referential humor would likely make it even easier to transition from Far Far Away to one of these other settings.

Shrek was pretty much made to poke at Disney so in a way it’d be fitting.

Well the rumour is now two parks on new plot so its possible that one park could play on fairy tales and the other being more adventurous.

Reactions: E.Gadd
Status
Not open for further replies.