Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 411 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One can dream.

fi2gmae1bu021.jpg

Wouldn't be suprised if Universal brings this to the park as a idea.

Maybe not this specifically but USF should honestly have a flex building that can highlight different Universal releases as they happen. Back in the day, you used to be able to visit USF and see props from Casper, The Lost World, etc.

Now a movie's gotta clear $500 million worldwide, have a sequel greenlit, and 5 years have to pass before you see an attraction in the parks.

If Universal does end up securing the rights to Godzilla, we could potentially have 3 E-Tickets in a single land (JW, Classic Monsters being the other two). That's kind of insane.

Also, I could see something like this being themed to Dracula:

Universal already has Godzilla theme park rights, it just the question if they want to bring it to the states.

Universal already has Godzilla theme park rights, it just the question if they want to bring it to the states.

I mean, they had the rights for Shin Godzilla for a period of time in USJ. That's not the same as having the rights carte blanche. Without seeing the contract, I would not assume they have the full, unquestioned right to use the character wherever

I mean, they had the rights for Shin Godzilla for a period of time in USJ. That's not the same as having the rights carte blanche. Without seeing the contract, I would not assume they have the full, unquestioned right to use the character wherever

They more than just the Shin Godzilla rights because the attraction next year is not based on Shin but another form...but you may be right it may not be international.

Yeah, even with the extension that has it occurring this year; I don't see that being more than how a HHN contract works, to be real and honest.

They more than just the Shin Godzilla rights because the attraction next year is not based on Shin but another form...but you may be right it may not be international.

Ah, didn't know they had another one coming, but yea I don't think it's a world wide rights thing.

I'd say that's a good sign that Uni could get Toho on board if they wanted to, for sure.

32 films produced by Toho and 1 by legendary(second one next year).
Sorry but Godzilla is part of his own family and Toho says what with him period like Rowling and Potter. Legendary had to beg, plead, and scratch to have Toho allow them to make films and even then there are very strict guidelines. Let’s not forget the abomination that was Godzilla 1998. Sorry but calling Godzilla as just part of the Legendary family is really almost insulting. Godzilla has an MTV Lifetime Achievement Movie Award for Christ sakes, I kid I kid.

Godzilla vs Kong is 2020. Note who takes top billing.
Yes, yes, Toho would have to give the green light...I don't think that's a secret...He would fit snug with other monsters though...And the Legendary film was the latest film, which is what I was drawing from for the style that they would go for with him

Not to be insulting or anything

Reactions: Mike S
Yes, yes, Toho would have to give the green light...I don't think that's a secret...He would fit snug with other monsters though...And the Legendary film was the latest film, which is what I was drawing from for the style that they would go for with him

Not to be insulting or anything
Not trying to draw this out but Shin Godzilla was actually the latest entry in 2016.

Anyways Japan isn’t producing another film currently because of the contract with legendary to not handicap them with their own film in the same year.

This is also why Legendary rushed to get to Godzilla vs Kong done as the contract expires with Toho in 2020.

So if Universal was smart they would begin full on negotiations with Toho for rights starting 2021 for rights in multiple media outlets such as future film, shows, theme park lands/rides, merchandise etc. Thus allowing them to bypass WB and Legendary. Going directly with Toho allows them access to so much more than Legendary could even dream.

With all this said I still enjoy the Monsterverse version of Godzilla and next year Godzilla: King of the Monsters is by far my most anticipated film. Just please focus on the title character and not a boring military dad bs. I trust Michael Dougherty though I mean the man has given us Trick or Treat and Krampus so right now he is 2 for 2 in my book.

Anyways back on Topic sorry for just going on.
Oh and “LONG LIVE THE KING”

Reactions: Magic-Man
Reactions: truejonas
Wasn't there talks of a Willy Wonka ride coming to Universal? Maybe this is it.. and think of all the Wonka candy they could sell...
Doubt it. Since they went the route of Toothsome for the restaurant. No IP fees.....According to a couple of Insiders there was internal UC talk of Wonka replacing Lost Continent at one time. But evidently that ship sailed long ago. They went the Toothsome route instead....and they make a lot of money there, with no fees to split.

Leaving for Universal and Portofino in about 12 hours. My first trip to see the Holiday shows and all, even a night with Mickey's Xmas at MK. So it should feel like a new adventure. I think I'll take another drive down to the new site to see how it looks now. Anyway, I'm going dark for now. Talk to you in a couple of weeks. :):thumbsup:

Doubt it. Since they went the route of Toothsome for the restaurant. No IP fees.....According to a couple of Insiders there was internal UC talk of Wonka replacing Lost Continent at one time. But evidently that ship sailed long ago. They went the Toothsome route instead....and they make a lot of money there, with no fees to split.

Toothsome was always going to sell a ton of chocolate and candy and the dining experience is solid but merchandise is another beast all together and would make sense as a land in a park and not CityWalk.

Have fun on your trip! Be sure to enjoy a rum at Strongwater Taver :thumbsup:

Reactions: Mad Dog
Something I just thought about is that we've all been assuming that a hypothetical Jurassic World attraction would take on Isla Nublar in the park. JW3 will come out before this park opens, and considering that Isla Nublar was destroyed, it would seem that the entirety of it will NOT take place in a tropical island dinosaur park. What do you guys think the likelihood is of them basing an attraction or land off of one or some of the yet unknown settings that will be featured in JW3?

Status
Not open for further replies.