Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 443 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like how hub&spoke is considered standard because that's the layout of Disneyland/Magic Kingdom, the park that's been duplicated the most around the world. While traditionally most other parks have a non-traditional layout.

The parks at the top of the attendance list are all hub and spoke. It's the best way to handle those huge crowds. The Duell Loop parks create more cross traffic and mean people have to go through one place to get to another. That can work better for storytelling, and helps sell stuff since people keep walking past other things on their way to a destination, but it's really inconvenient to get around and often there's no detour.

Reactions: jrn14 and truejonas
Lol @ the top Disneyland clones have a similar layout (not being mean, it's just funny).

But we are talking about general design concepts that don't lock them into a specific design. I see this park being a hybrid of multiple concepts. A little bit of MK, a little bit of IoA, throw some Diagon Alley in the mix and stir well. I mean just saying hub&spoke does not mean we're getting that fake Nintindo World map that was floating around. It seems the hub would be it's own land around a lake. I'm not sure how having that interconnected with other lands takes away from the unique experiences you can have in them.

Doesn't mean it will be traditional per se. They could have portals to the different worlds, and when in the hub, you only see the hub, with the lands completely blocked from view.

That would be a cool and extremely efficient way of transporting you into the worlds.
Question I have though - would your only way to get from one land to another be through the hub, or would they intertwine ala IOA?

Lol @ the top Disneyland clones have a similar layout (not being mean, it's just funny).

But we are talking about general design concepts that don't lock them into a specific design. I see this park being a hybrid of multiple concepts. A little bit of MK, a little bit of IoA, throw some Diagon Alley in the mix and stir well. I mean just saying hub&spoke does not mean we're getting that fake Nintindo World map that was floating around. It seems the hub would be it's own land around a lake. I'm not sure how having that interconnected with other lands takes away from the unique experiences you can have in them.

I'll be interested to see how the hub appears. Another island with berms around it? An entire indoor section? There's a lot they could do with it.

Reactions: therock
IOA is literally the opposite of a hub and spoke layout.

It's like a hub and spoke layout, but without the hub or the spokes! :lmao:

I'll be honest, whenever I think hub and spoke, I think of the layout of IOA, more from a land perspective of having everything centered around a single item (in IOA's case, the lagoon).

Reactions: natespf
Alright, lets guess about the hub. Alicia likes an observatory but Disney already made a very poor attempt at Disney Springs with that. Someone probably mentioned a plastic castle like the MK one, there is the concrete tree with plastic leaves that look painfully out of place between the natural green. So I think it's safe to say non of these will be presented in the center.
I propose a huge structure with multiple half globes with a representation of the worlds on top of them rotating around a huge world globe. The whole thing at night will have a show on it and around it. Anyone another idea?

Reactions: truejonas
Alright, lets guess about the hub. Alicia likes an observatory but Disney already made a very poor attempt at Disney Springs with that. Someone probably mentioned a plastic castle like the MK one, there is the concrete tree with plastic leaves that look painfully out of place between the natural green. So I think it's safe to say non of these will be presented in the center.
I propose a huge structure with multiple half globes with a representation of the worlds on top of them rotating around a huge world globe. The whole thing at night will have a show on it and around it. Anyone another idea?
Any chance to trash Disney you’ll take eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.