Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 441 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got it. My bad. But talking about the link he does leave out 2 possibilities that’s if Universal goes back to its main titles with attractions in their fourth gate. Like Waterworld and classic monsters. An old article I found about JJ Abrams rebooting Earthquake another Uni property but has failed to get started with production.

Don’t think that’s likely either, but earthquake was already done in Orlando and off all the attractions to bring back. That isn’t going to be it.

And when looking back at them all it makes perfect sense. Nostalgia is great but the replaced attractions were all for the better.

Reactions: truejonas
I know that it's a long shot, but what about The School for Good and Evil? It's a future Universal Pictures movie based on the best-selling YA series, where two girls are chosen by a magic school (pretty much fairy-tale Hogwarts) to live out their own fairy tale. A lot of fairy tale villains and heroes are in the book series (including Cinderella, Hansel and Gretel, Captain Hook/Peter Pan, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, Merlin, King Arthur of Camelot, etc). There's plenty of attraction and food opportunities. There's a clear setting that they could use. It's basically a Fairy-Tale version of Harry Potter.

Reactions: GoombaGoomba
Correct me if I’m wrong but arent permits like this submitted for a span of time to cover any delays and issues? Like they’ll request five years of construction just to give them buffer room for any issues. Example they could start expansion in 2021 and have it end in 2022/23.
Yeah, I still expect the roadwork to mostly be done by mid-2022 to early-2023 and for the theme park to open in mid-2023. I don't see any changes to those timelines yet. Maybe things could be ready a bit sooner, but there doesn't seem to be any delays yet.

Allocating further time is expected.

Reactions: Mike S and Brian G.
I know that it's a long shot, but what about The School for Good and Evil? It's a future Universal Pictures movie based on the best-selling YA series, where two girls are chosen by a magic school (pretty much fairy-tale Hogwarts) to live out their own fairy tale. A lot of fairy tale villains and heroes are in the book series (including Cinderella, Hansel and Gretel, Captain Hook/Peter Pan, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, Merlin, King Arthur of Camelot, etc). There's plenty of attraction and food opportunities. There's a clear setting that they could use. It's basically a Fairy-Tale version of Harry Potter.

I know people who are working on that film and its my most hyped because its so fun and the book has a lot of things that can be turned into attractions. However it hasn't gotten an official greenlight yet for production. Its about to but not yet. But I would be 100% down.

The book is a series is a bit more than just fairytales though and it does a play on popular favorites like Shrek does and twists them from their Disney versions.

Reactions: Magic-Man
I'd be for it. I'd be surprised if the film actually gets off the ground though, especially after Mortal Engines' dismal performance. The YA book to screen craze that started with Twilight is on its last legs.

I know I’ll get fights over Fast and Furious, but for me even though it’s not a good ride I still go on it. Same couldn’t be said for Disaster.

I know I’ll get fights over Fast and Furious, but for me even though it’s not a good ride I still go on it. Same couldn’t be said for Disaster.

I would do Earthquake/Disaster every trip. I don't expect I'll ever ride F&F again unless I'm with someone who hasn't already been on it and really wants to.

JAWS/Amity are clearly better than Diagon, I have to walk all the way to Springfield for a corndog now...Mark Woodbury ruined my life

Diagon Alley as a whole is better than Jaws/Amity as a whole.

But for me, the Jaws ride was better than Gringotts, ride-for-ride, and it's not even really a close contest at all.

I'd be for it. I'd be surprised if the film actually gets off the ground though, especially after Mortal Engines' dismal performance. The YA book to screen craze that started with Twilight is on its last legs.

I'd argue that TSFGAE would make bank at the box office, given its fairy-tale roots (of course, the movie still has to be good). As for the YA book-screen phase being over, I disagree. Most of the recent adaptations haven't been good, that's all. No one wants to go see a super-par movie.

Its not YA like the Host, Mortal engines, and all the dystopian novels. Its Wicked meets Shrek meets Mean girls YA which do rather well.

Reactions: Magic-Man
Correct me if I’m wrong but arent permits like this submitted for a span of time to cover any delays and issues? Like they’ll request five years of construction just to give them buffer room for any issues. Example they could start expansion in 2021 and have it end in 2022/23.
This is a City of Orlando project, it's gonna take them until 2025 even if they start tomorrow :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.