Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 440 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually what I meant to say was that Kong is still under the spotlight by a different production company. But KongFrontation was by a different production company too. I mean the 1976 movie with Jeff Bridges that wasn’t Universal. I know their won’t be another Kong attraction but with another sequel on the way and he is fighting Godzilla next year. We will be seeing a lot of Kong but Universal cannot use him anymore??????
In my opinion, Reign of Kong is plenty...Could it have been a better ride? Sure...But I think what they did with Kong is plenty

Reactions: truejonas
What rumor information did we get for universal studios Orlando universal’s fantastic worlds
This thread is filled with every rumor out right now. Looking like a mix of DreamWorks Animation properties, Nintendo, Universal Classic Monsters and more for the new park.

I was working on a new article but got sick with strep throat so in the meantime, everything I’ve ever heard about 4th gate is mentioned in my last podcast episode. The only thing to come out since I recorded it was the Fantastic Worlds leaked image, but in the podcast I say I think that’s the best bet for the name.

Edit: Also, @Joe ’s article on Parkscope is great at covering everything we think we know: http://www.parkscope.net/2018/12/lets-talk-about-universals-fantastic.html

Here’s a rundown on what theme park insider Robert Niles thinks will be coming to a fourth gate.....looking at his possible options for what should be called Fantastic Worlds he did leave out one possibility and that’s Universal Monsters.

What lands will be in Universal Orlando's new theme park?

He goes on to talk about Super Nintendo Land or it will be world if that is going to be the 4th gate’s name. But does not mention again Classic Monsters which I thought was a strong rumor and possibly a relocated clone of the waterworld show finally brought to Florida if they decide to do that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here’s a rundown on what theme park insider Robert Niles thinks will be coming to a fourth gate.....looking at his possible options for what should be called Fantastic Worlds he did leave out one possibility and that’s Universal Monsters. I’ll only show half of the article what he says....

Granted, not every franchise lends itself to a successful theme park attraction. But franchise value provides an excellent starting point for evaluating the feasibility of potential theme park lands. So let's start with Universal Parks' top 20 movie franchises, as ranked by BoxOfficeMojo.com. These are franchises either owned by Universal or its subsidiaries, or currently licensed by Universal Parks and Resorts.

• Wizarding World
  • Jurassic Park/World
  • Fast & Furious
  • Transformers
  • Shrek
  • Despicable Me
  • Bourne
  • Madagascar
  • Men in Black
  • Fockers
  • Mummy
  • Kung Fu Panda
  • Kong
  • Back to the Future
  • American Pie
  • Jaws
  • How to Train Your Dragon
  • Fifty Shades
  • Secret Life of Pets
  • Pitch Perfect

Universal already uses nine of these franchises in attractions at the Universal Orlando Resort. Now there's no reason why Universal could not reuse these franchises at its fourth gate in addition to their existing installations elsewhere in the resort. Heck, Universal already has two Wizarding Worlds of Harry Potter and could easily make the business case for a third. But I think the best way to ensure the success of Universal's fourth gate in Orlando to start by defining the unique elements that it would bring to the table, rather than focusing on what it duplicates from Universal Orlando's current parks.

So let's strike these from our list:

• Wizarding World
  • Jurassic Park/World
  • Fast & Furious
  • Transformers
  • Shrek
  • Despicable Me
  • Men in Black
  • Mummy
  • Kong

Of the remaining 11 franchises, three are easy cuts as they are unlikely to lend themselves to attractions that would be popular with the families that Universal Orlando covets.

• Fockers
  • American Pie
  • Fifty Shades

I wonder if you called the concierge at Universal Orlando's Hard Rock Hotel, if they'd have a totally unpublicized, don't-tell-anyone-about-this "Fifty Shades" hotel package that they could hook you up with. But that's about the only way I could see any of these franchises working at the resort.

Now we are down to eight. Sorry, long-time Universal fans, but two of our remaining franchises are "been there, done that":

• Back to the Future
  • Jaws

I'm not ready to totally discount some role for those still-popular franchises in the new park. But nostalgia for closed attractions isn't going to drive the market share Universal is looking for here. If they make it in, it will be in a supporting role.

So our prime candidates for franchises to lead Universal Orlando's next theme park are:

• Bourne
  • Madagascar
  • Kung Fu Panda
  • Secret Life of Pets
  • Pitch Perfect

Two of these are not like the others, are they? Bourne is widely tapped to go into Universal Studios Florida within the next couple of years. That leaves us with Pitch Perfect. It's the weakest of all these franchises, and while a vocal music show within one of the parks might be nice, let's face it, that's not the real appeal of this franchise. Imagine if you remade a Minions movie with twenty-something women instead of giant yellow Tic Tacs. That's Pitch Perfect. It's the same slapstick, sight gags, and insults.

That gives us four animated franchises to drive this park. Will Universal use all four in its next park? Maybe, maybe not. But the fact that Universal's best bets for its next theme park are all animation franchises suggests that animation might provide the best unifying theme for that gate.

He goes on to talk about Super Nintendo Land or it will be world if that is going to be the 4th gate’s name. But does not mention again Classic Monsters which I thought was a strong rumor and possibly a relocated clone of the waterworld show finally brought to Florida if they decide to do that.
You could have just linked the article. I'm sure Robert would have appreciated the traffic.

Here’s a rundown on what theme park insider Robert Niles thinks will be coming to a fourth gate.....looking at his possible options for what should be called Fantastic Worlds he did leave out one possibility and that’s Universal Monsters. I’ll only show half of the article what he says....

Granted, not every franchise lends itself to a successful theme park attraction. But franchise value provides an excellent starting point for evaluating the feasibility of potential theme park lands. So let's start with Universal Parks' top 20 movie franchises, as ranked by BoxOfficeMojo.com. These are franchises either owned by Universal or its subsidiaries, or currently licensed by Universal Parks and Resorts.

• Wizarding World
  • Jurassic Park/World
  • Fast & Furious
  • Transformers
  • Shrek
  • Despicable Me
  • Bourne
  • Madagascar
  • Men in Black
  • Fockers
  • Mummy
  • Kung Fu Panda
  • Kong
  • Back to the Future
  • American Pie
  • Jaws
  • Fifty Shades
  • Secret Life of Pets
  • Pitch Perfect

Universal already uses nine of these franchises in attractions at the Universal Orlando Resort. Now there's no reason why Universal could not reuse these franchises at its fourth gate in addition to their existing installations elsewhere in the resort. Heck, Universal already has two Wizarding Worlds of Harry Potter and could easily make the business case for a third. But I think the best way to ensure the success of Universal's fourth gate in Orlando to start by defining the unique elements that it would bring to the table, rather than focusing on what it duplicates from Universal Orlando's current parks.

So let's strike these from our list:

• Wizarding World
  • Jurassic Park/World
  • Fast & Furious
  • Transformers
  • Shrek
  • Despicable Me
  • Men in Black
  • Mummy
  • Kong

Of the remaining 11 franchises, three are easy cuts as they are unlikely to lend themselves to attractions that would be popular with the families that Universal Orlando covets.

• Fockers
  • American Pie
  • Fifty Shades

I wonder if you called the concierge at Universal Orlando's Hard Rock Hotel, if they'd have a totally unpublicized, don't-tell-anyone-about-this "Fifty Shades" hotel package that they could hook you up with. But that's about the only way I could see any of these franchises working at the resort.

Now we are down to eight. Sorry, long-time Universal fans, but two of our remaining franchises are "been there, done that":

• Back to the Future
  • Jaws

I'm not ready to totally discount some role for those still-popular franchises in the new park. But nostalgia for closed attractions isn't going to drive the market share Universal is looking for here. If they make it in, it will be in a supporting role.

So our prime candidates for franchises to lead Universal Orlando's next theme park are:

• Bourne
  • Madagascar
  • Kung Fu Panda
  • Secret Life of Pets
  • Pitch Perfect

Two of these are not like the others, are they? Bourne is widely tapped to go into Universal Studios Florida within the next couple of years. That leaves us with Pitch Perfect. It's the weakest of all these franchises, and while a vocal music show within one of the parks might be nice, let's face it, that's not the real appeal of this franchise. Imagine if you remade a Minions movie with twenty-something women instead of giant yellow Tic Tacs. That's Pitch Perfect. It's the same slapstick, sight gags, and insults.

That gives us four animated franchises to drive this park. Will Universal use all four in its next park? Maybe, maybe not. But the fact that Universal's best bets for its next theme park are all animation franchises suggests that animation might provide the best unifying theme for that gate.

They better get this park right

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mike S
Depends on who you speak to. Of course I want the park to open sooner, but there is some concern from people following the road changes news.

Maybe just the resort hotel won’t open until the new road expansion does, but the park will open sooner?

Depends on who you speak to. Of course I want the park to open sooner, but there is some concern from people following the road changes news.

Maybe just the resort hotel won’t open until the new road expansion does, but the park will open sooner?

Correct me if I’m wrong but arent permits like this submitted for a span of time to cover any delays and issues? Like they’ll request five years of construction just to give them buffer room for any issues. Example they could start expansion in 2021 and have it end in 2022/23.

There are a lot of roads leading to that plot of land. Disney is always re-configuring roads. Non of them are linked on opening dates. Will it be messy for a while, sure. But I'm sure Comcast wants to get a return on their investment asap and wouldn't wait for a road to finish.

There are a lot of roads leading to that plot of land. Disney is always re-configuring roads. Non of them are linked on opening dates. Will it be messy for a while, sure. But I'm sure Comcast wants to get a return on their investment asap and wouldn't wait for a road to finish.
Yea, but the Kirkman expansion has the dedicated bus lanes, which will be important for moving guests from one resort to the other without sitting in traffic. Hopefully they can widen Universal Blvd in the meantime to handle the traffic until the expansion is done.

Correct me if I’m wrong but arent permits like this submitted for a span of time to cover any delays and issues? Like they’ll request five years of construction just to give them buffer room for any issues. Example they could start expansion in 2021 and have it end in 2022/23.
From the Sentinel video:
“Construction is expected to begin in the summer of 2020. They think it’s going to take about five years to complete.”

Maybe Universal can throw some money at it to get it done sooner, or maybe they just deal with the existing roads for now until it’s done.

Status
Not open for further replies.