Universal's 6th Hotel Rumors & Speculation | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's 6th Hotel Rumors & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but isn't that blue area supposed to be apart of a new tram route to get people to Volcano Bay?

Because if that's the case, I only see it as expanding Sapphire, much like how CV is doing their expansion.

1cnaVlG.jpg

It goes right over it.

I thought it was going to be a hotel there. .i mentioned a boutique hotel while back in I think the expansion thread . Nice to see this coming along though whatever it is in theming and pricing level. This is so exciting as someone who loves construction!! Wow!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mad Dog
The fact that's it's located next to Sapphire, Royal Pacific,CBBR, & Volcano Bay, I would imagine the theme will be somewhat similar to those 4 properties. Palm trees, tropical resort look, lot's of tropical foliage , sand beach entry pool, etc.

The fact that's it's located next to Sapphire, Royal Pacific,CBBR, & Volcano Bay, I would imagine the theme will be somewhat similar to those 4 properties. Palm trees, tropical resort look, lot's of tropical foliage , sand beach entry pool, etc.

This will be the most visible hotel from I4 so I'd like to see a statement being made with the design. I'd also like to see a bit of height as well as this could offer some great views of Volcano Bay and the parks.

This will be the most visible hotel from I4 so I'd like to see a statement being made with the design. I'd also like to see a bit of height as well as this could offer some great views of Volcano Bay and the parks.
Maybe they'll do a complete tie in with Volcano Bay. Special Volcano Bay Water Park only Express passes (but not hotel express for IOA & Studios). Close theme & names to Volcano Bay etc.

Reactions: Scott W.
If the kids are bad, you can tell them you'll put them on the sacrifice list for the great Volcano god. ;)...That's a hotel benefit something even Disney doesn't have.

Last edited:
Feeding into this hotel/theme park expansion topic....Matt Ouimet, Cedar Fair, just appeared on CNN. He was talking about why people are willing to pay more for theme park experiences and commented on in park spending continuing to grow at a fast rate. He & CNN attributed it to people are now prioritizing experiences over possessions. Interesting.
Continuing to feed into this hotel/theme park expansion topic...into the mouth of a Volcano...I found an interview from 2013 of Matt Ouimet on CNN about how theme parks seem to do well in a sluggish economy.

Reactions: Teebin and Mad Dog
Due to the smaller plot of land I expect it's going to be an adult only boutique hotel. There is no need for a kiddy pool and stuff like that. There is a trent under adult travelers without kids who like to stay at a no kids resort. This would also be a great match for the convention goers as soon as the light rail connects the 2 resorts with a station behind the convention center.

Reactions: Mad Dog
This is from today's Orlando Sentinel article:

Universal has contemplated another hotel in that area for at least a couple of years. In 2014, it submitted documents to the Orange County Comptroller's Office showing plans for a fifth, sixth and seventh hotel at the resort. Sapphire Falls will be the fifth.

Sapphire is the fifth. The newly announced hotel is the sixth. Anyone know anything about the seventh?

This is from today's Orlando Sentinel article:

Universal has contemplated another hotel in that area for at least a couple of years. In 2014, it submitted documents to the Orange County Comptroller's Office showing plans for a fifth, sixth and seventh hotel at the resort. Sapphire Falls will be the fifth.

Sapphire is the fifth. The newly announced hotel is the sixth. Anyone know anything about the seventh?

If I'm not mistaken this has come up before and one of those hotels morphed into the CBBR expansion.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
Status
Not open for further replies.