Universal's 6th Hotel Rumors & Speculation | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's 6th Hotel Rumors & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally curious; in the past, it was rumored that we would of had the boutique hotel more at the WNW plot rather than next to Sapphire. Is that still going to happen; or are we getting something else now at the WNW plot?
We need to hear from Disneyhead. He has his pulse on that info.

I swear it has always been reported there would be another hotel south of sapphire but this was way back, almost before sapphire was announced. I am not sure where or who I heard it from. Hotels are way out of my gambit.

We need to hear from Disneyhead. He has his pulse on that info.
The info is a little bit vague, but from what I gather, this is the 600 room high end boutique resort. I believe that it is Contemporary/Hollywood (LA) themed. And may include amenities like a roof top infinity edge pool, a small spa, and probably another Signature restaurant.

On the WnW plot, a large 4 star lake front convention hotel and a large family suites hotel along with an attraction. These hotels will have more theme park/LV type theming.

Last edited:
The info is a little bit vague, but from what I gather, this is the 600 room high end boutique resort. I believe that it is Contemporary/Hollywood (LA) themed. And may include amenities like a roof top infinity edge pool, a small spa, and probably another Signature restaurant.

On the WnW plot, a large 4 star lake front convention hotel and a large family suites hotel along with an attraction. These hotels will have more theme park/LV type theming.

Nifty. What do you mean by an attraction ? One ride? Some sort of destination restaurant? A mini land?

LV?

Sounds nice, but the location is fairly bad though, no?

So, if that's the high end boutique hotel, I would imagine it will get Hotel Express Pass. So, I wonder whether they will strip Royal Pacific of their Express Pass status, or just change the agreement with Lowes to 4 hotels with Express Pass. 600 rooms wouldn't water down the Express benefits too much.

The new convention space isn't opening when the hotel opens, but sometime after. But as a convention space, and now much larger, the proximity to everything is extremely attractive.

My guess this new hotel is going to be more geared toward business conventioneers rather than general vacationers (although it won't stop them from being used either way).

Lol shame they didn't name it Port Adventura Hotel in honor of the theme park they use to own in spain
That theme park is coming into it's own, maybe should have held on to that one. They are adding a Fiarri World next to it.

Fiarri has said it's looking at the states for a park as well
Somehow, to me at least, that screams Miami. But it's going to need a cluster of other partner parks like in the UAE and Spain/Catalonia.

So, if that's the high end boutique hotel, I would imagine it will get Hotel Express Pass. So, I wonder whether they will strip Royal Pacific of their Express Pass status, or just change the agreement with Lowes to 4 hotels with Express Pass. 600 rooms wouldn't water down the Express benefits too much.

If there's an option to transfer, I would assume that they would take advantage of it with this property. This would put Royal Pacific more in line with Sapphire Falls in price and theming at the Preferred tier.

If there's an option to transfer, I would assume that they would take advantage of it with this property. This would put Royal Pacific more in line with Sapphire Falls in price and theming at the Preferred tier.
Yeah, that's kind of my feeling too. It will be interesting to see how this turns out........Lot's of people really love RP and would be crestfallen if it lost it's Express pass benefit.

Reactions: Brownie54
Makes sense to locate the boutique hotel here if they want to build one at all, given there isn't really space to do much else with the land aside from expand Sapphire Falls.

Looking forward to watching this one go up!

Makes sense to locate the boutique hotel here if they want to build one at all, given there isn't really space to do much else with the land aside from expand Sapphire Falls.

Looking forward to watching this one go up!
Yes, & it still gets the benefit of being close to the parks with the water taxi access through the Sapphire docks.

I don't know if it's just me, but staying at the Portofino is seeming less and less appealing since it's becoming so far away from the other hotels/stuff to do.

Anyone else think this way, or am I missing the point?

I don't know if it's just me, but staying at the Portofino is seeming less and less appealing since it's becoming so far away from the other hotels/stuff to do.

Anyone else think this way, or am I missing the point?

It's all relative. Staying at Portofino and wanting to go to VB is still a very different story to staying at most any WDW property and wanting to go to BB / TL. The resort is still a very small area, it's just becoming more densely packed.

Reactions: Brian G.
Status
Not open for further replies.