Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's 6th Hotel Rumors & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, so it's the newness of the restaurants along with the dining credit causing this glut of diners. So, it will die down, or they will keep issuing dining vouchers if it packs those restaurants. They'll make back every cent of what they "give away" in food on alcohol and other sales.

IT is good for the tapas at Strongwater and the Dhrum at the pool so it will be well used even if I do have to pick up my own drinks.

True. I'm just saying if this "softness" in attendance continues, it's obviously a good way to keep those occupancy rates up there.

True. I'm just saying if this "softness" in attendance continues, it's obviously a good way to keep those occupancy rates up there.
I don't think there's any softness in attendance. It's been fully booked since opening.

After reading through the Easement today I can say with high confidence that Aventura will NOT be a high-end hotel. As a matter of fact, it might be below CBBR in terms of price/ranking.

This is why I feel this way:

1) According to the Easement, it won't be using the Loews name. We know that Loews only wants their name on the nicest hotels.

View attachment 2893

(the Seventh Hotel is Aventura. The Sixth is the CBBR expansion in the legal world)

2) As NJBrandon pointed out, this is the lowest priority for the reservations phone team. According to the easement, the manadatory booking order is this:

First: [Portofino/HRH/RP]
Second: Sapphire
Third: CBBR
Fouth: Aventura
Fifth: Off-site Preferred Hotels
Sixth: Off-site Partner Hotels
Obviously you would want to book your most expensive hotel first, so the fact that it's LAST is concerning.

3) No Express. Obviously a high-end hotel would have Express.

4) The location of the hotel is unfavorable for a high-end hotel. It will most likely face the waterpark and freeway (which is great for some) but doesn't provide the luxury/exclusivity of a high-end hotel.

So it looks like Portofino will continue to be the premiere on-site hotel with Aventura being "value".

From what I understand, there will be a full-service restaurant in there which is why I'm confused on how they are going to classify it(among other amenities that I'm not sure I should talk about yet).

Maybe it's last on the last because it's not close to opening yet (it's not even officially announced yet). Once it's announced then maybe it'll move up the list.

Still sucks that it seems it wasn't communicated that alcohol wasn't included until just now. I wonder if they snuck it into the fine print.

It was very clearly stated in the email I received, not sure which communique you're looking at.

Probably will also see some work in conjunction with the new tram roads being built(Project 467) as they will pass right by this hotel.

I wonder if this will be one of the perks/features of this hotel.. volcano bay tram stops at Aventura and then goes right into the transportation center?

I don't think there's any softness in attendance. It's been fully booked since opening.

No, there's no softness in hotel bookings (yet), but it's also peak season and OVERALL attendance has been soft for all parks including Universal, though they are doing better than the mouse and the whale. January/February may be a different story. Also, making sure those rooms are filled helps top offset any softness in day guest attendance since resort guests will spend more overall on property than a day visitor.

No, there's no softness in hotel bookings (yet), but it's also peak season and OVERALL attendance has been soft for all parks including Universal, though they are doing better than the mouse and the whale. January/February may be a different story. Also, making sure those rooms are filled helps top offset any softness in day guest attendance since resort guests will spend more overall on property than a day visitor.

Universal attendance is no longer soft. Disneys still is.

Universal attendance is no longer soft. Disneys still is.
Yea, if TP's daily crowd calendar is indicative of attendance, WDW had a terrible August. January type line levels, low moderate levels, most every day of the month. In contrast, Universal's attendance looked pretty healthy, high moderate to busy, most days.

I just hope the rooms aren't as small or smaller than the ones at Sapphire Falls. They're encroaching cruise ship cabin territory.

Maybe they have more furniture in the rooms? I keep seeing this posted that the SF rooms feel small.

CBBR=300 sq ft
SFR=320 sq ft
RPR = 335 sq ft
HRH= 375 sq ft
PFR = 450 sq ft

These are the standard rooms

Could be the bathroom is larger in some so the room feels smaller or they have more/larger furniture but the base steps up as you would expect

Last edited:
Maybe they have more furniture in the rooms? I keep seeing this posted that the SF rooms feel small.

CBBR=300 sq ft
SFR=320 sq ft
RPR = 335 sq ft
HRH= 375 sq ft
PFR = 450 sq ft

These are the standard rooms

Could be the bathroom is larger in some so the room feels smaller or they have more/larger furniture but the base steps up as you would expect

Ok mr. factual information, let's calm down.

So random question - Uni's relationship with Loews... how is it written in contract? Like is Loews the hotel operator in perpetuity or do they have a deal through a certain year? I was thinking about it and I just started wondering how it all worked between the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.