Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show | Page 113 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ok Dave- let me dissect this.

Trolls is present already.
Pets could take over Shrek.
But HTTYD, Panda and Sing??

Panda and feudal Japan take over Kidzone (id love this, personally- but unlikely)
HTTYD takes over Lost Continent.
And Sing is the actual T2 show?
But then Nintendo should be around in Park 3 by the time all those projects are likely completed, so why wasn’t that in there?

Or, much more likely, they were just using clips from their IPs and picked 3 dreamworks and 3 illumination films. And they didn’t want to use Hop or Lorax.
Pets has a large presence in the daily parade.

And you can meet Po the Kung Fu Panda at IOA already.

... But yea, they probably just picked a few Illumination and DreamWorks films to feature.

Happily Ever After mostly uses properties present at Magic Kingdom, yet Moana and a couple others have been slipped in there as well, just cause.

Also, I assume this is meant to focus on the current parks/resort, not the new resort. So it’s an encapsulation if Site A, which is why you don’t/won’t see Nintendo

I believe there some effects other than fireworks that were not quite ready yet.

I’m interested to see if there are lasers coming. Transformers section definitely needed some

Reactions: Ryno27
I’m interested to see if there are lasers coming. Transformers section definitely needed some
With the laser like backgrounds projected on the buildings, it definitely felt like it was supposed to have foreground lasers for sure.

I need me my LASERS! Best part of the old show!

The "flashlights" in the ET scene look neat though.

With the laser like backgrounds projected on the buildings, it definitely felt like it was supposed to have foreground lasers for sure.

I need me my LASERS! Best part of the old show!

The "flashlights" in the ET scene look neat though.

The ET flashlights were awesome. Definitely a great moment.

I also really, really loved the Potter and F&F sections. I think the only section that's just kind of "meh" is the Jurassic World one. Don't know why they didn't use some classic JP clips as well.

Looking forward to seeing the whole finished program. Myself, I would rather have them waited until everything was a Go to debut this, since a partial unveiling leaves too much speculation on the table. But I guess they were too excited and antsy to wait. That said, the bones of this show look really good. I'm fairly certain the window dressing will take it to a higher level and a feeling of completion.

Imagine, lecturing a person who worked on a project about how they do not know what the thought process was. Seriously is like the old guy in College telling the professor how they are wrong.

The show looks great! It is exactly what I was expecting it to be, a montage to your day at Universal. Feels very similar to WoC in quality and look, which is a very good thing. Looking forward to the pyro and other elements.

Not every show needs to be a traditional three act story. Explain to me how Cirque du Soleil shows, Rivers of Light, Happily Ever After, or even World of Color for that matter fit your story arc? World of Color doesn't have a story. It's an expensive clip show montage. They made a choice to be nontraditional and I think that was a good and refreshing move on their part.
Sure it's a mater of taste. But after this list saying they have taken a nontraditional choice is confusing to me. All shows you mention I don't care for. Don't get me wrong I think all those shows are done very well as is the Universal show but you know...different tastes and stuff. I'm sure I will watch the Universal show in person when I'm there and I'm positive I enjoy the spectacle and will remind myself it's nothing more than that.

Looking forward to seeing the whole finished program. Myself, I would rather have them waited until everything was a Go to debut this, since a partial unveiling leaves too much speculation on the table. But I guess they were too excited and antsy to wait. That said, the bones of this show look really good. I'm fairly certain the window dressing will take it to a higher level and a feeling of completion.

I believe they were ready until the hellacious rainstorm happened about 45 min before showtime. The show was almost close to not happening at all.

I know that CineSpecs lasers are still there. My guess is they killed the lasers because they need the smoke from the pyro to work properly.

I mean they have the fountains. Some of my favorite effects in WoC use the fountains. (Shout out to the Wall E segment.)

Reactions: Ryan
The ET flashlights were awesome. Definitely a great moment.

I also really, really loved the Potter and F&F sections. I think the only section that's just kind of "meh" is the Jurassic World one. Don't know why they didn't use some classic JP clips as well.

The main reason I could think to why they didn't use anything from the JPTri, is because by 2020, Jurassic at Islands may not be what we see it as now, and thus, they are just wanting to "plant the seed".

Just saying that, as a guess, considering that it'd make sense. But, that's albeit a topic for another thread.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
The main reason I could think to why they didn't use anything from the JPTri, is because by 2020, Jurassic at Islands may not be what we see it as now, and thus, they are just wanting to "plant the seed".

Just saying that, as a guess, considering that it'd make sense. But, that's albeit a topic for another thread.

I just don't think it makes sense not to at least have Hammond saying "Welcome to Jurassic Park" and then have the original Discovery Center morph into the one in JW. Would be a great moment to open the show

It’s too bad the pyro had to be cancelled, but at least you guys didn’t end up waiting in the rain for nothing :lol:

The pyro is certainly nothing like in HEA or Illuminations, but it’s a consistent throughout the show.

Reactions: Ryno27
I just don't think it makes sense not to at least have Hammond saying "Welcome to Jurassic Park" and then have the original Discovery Center morph into the one in JW. Would be a great moment to open the show
I think the reasoning is because they are pushing the Jurassic World brand currently, not Park.

I know, same franchise, but some people actually think it will make a difference.

After watching a few more videos, I'm sold, and will be holding off on watching a Pyro video since I'll see the show in August. I think this easily ranks with Disney's shows in Orlando, and am really glad that Universal has finally put together a night show it can really be proud of. I think, as long as they run this thing as much as possible and sell it to guests, it's going to do wonders with extending people's time at USF.