Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
maybe they're just changing the terrain to a flatter landscape to fit a larger standing crowd in the space. Just guessing though.
That's what it's starting to look like. If they want to pave a new path I expect they need a permit though.

That is what I am thinking but it seems the scope would require one and they are trying to fly under the radar

I doubt they ever try to fly under the radar on any project they do. Too much at stake to risk getting the city/county mad.

I doubt they ever try to fly under the radar on any project they do. Too much at stake to risk getting the city/county mad.
I think they could plead blissful ignorance on this one and get away with it. I just don't know the requirements of that county. Here they would absolutely need permits.
Funny how Florida and much of the south is run, each county/parrish is run like it's own fiefdom but the impacts can be statewide or even up into other states.

I think they could plead blissful ignorance on this one and get away with it. I just don't know the requirements of that county. Here they would absolutely need permits.
Funny how Florida and much of the south is run, each county/parrish is run like it's own fiefdom but the impacts can be statewide or even up into other states.
I don't know the answer, but it seems Universal only files when they are moving water/electrical lines, and building structures...Neither are happening here it would seem

Update:

Looks to me that the bottom level is being widened. The upper sidewalk has been rerouted farther back (closer to main path) which means we lost some of the upper grassy area.

Reactions: tankart150
Update:

Looks to me that the bottom level is being widened. The upper sidewalk has been rerouted farther back (closer to main path) which means we lost some of the upper grassy area.

Is that stacks of metal studs in the pile? That is a whole bunch if you are not planning any structures but where would they go? You need a foundation to build on. But then if they were building structures they would need a permit. Even the mazes get permits.
Curiousier and curiouser

Reactions: Nick and Teebin
Is that stacks of metal studs in the pile? That is a whole bunch if you are not planning any structures but where would they go? You need a foundation to build on. But then if they were building structures they would need a permit. Even the mazes get permits.
Curiousier and curiouser

I almost think it looks like pre-assembled scaffold decking sections like below. These are used in some styles of temporary grandstands as walkboards. Why they'd do all this for temporary seating is a mystery though. It could get them around the need for a building permit possibly. But what would be going on that they would need a temporary seating area? You'd think they'd just do a permanent seating area.

China-manufacturer-American-heavy-duty-aluminum-scaffold.png
Aluminium_Scaffold_Planks.jpg

I almost think it looks like pre-assembled scaffold decking sections like below. These are used in some styles of temporary grandstands as walkboards. Why they'd do all this for temporary seating is a mystery though. It could get them around the need for a building permit possibly. But what would be going on that they would need a temporary seating area? You'd think they'd just do a permanent seating area.

China-manufacturer-American-heavy-duty-aluminum-scaffold.png
Aluminium_Scaffold_Planks.jpg

Thought that at first but the square cutouts make them look like studs to me. Guess we find out soon enough but this whole thing is getting more interesting with each pic posted. Hope the crowds clear out after next week and I can go up to check it out. They do look like panels with square cutouts rather than 2x4 studs. Maybe they will build a work platform over the water? A trail of steel so they don't have to use boats?
Still should be a permit somewhere to install show elements IMO

Reactions: fryoj
Thought that at first but the square cutouts make them look like studs to me. Guess we find out soon enough but this whole thing is getting more interesting with each pic posted. Hope the crowds clear out after next week and I can go up to check it out. They do look like panels with square cutouts rather than 2x4 studs. Maybe they will build a work platform over the water? A trail of steel so they don't have to use boats?
Still should be a permit somewhere to install show elements IMO

I ruled out studs because the ends don't look hollow like studs. It looks capped and grouped like decking. To the right of the pic looks like bundled pipe as well. It's hard to be sure though from the pic.

The work platform over water makes sense. If they are going to install nozzles or lights in the water, it would be easier to have a walkway.

Still wouldn't explain them tearing down trees, but probably related.

Definitely appears to be scaffolding and my thought would be that it will be set up to repaint the rocks? Doesn't explain the removal of the landscaping but time will tell.

Edit: (instead of a double post) it seems as though they are removing every trace of the old lagoon show and starting over with all brand new equipment. That does not look like a fun job to be pulling wire cables out of the lagoon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joel and tankart150
Am I the only one who thinks that the Central Park closures could also have something to do with the KZ replacement? They could be widening/adding more paths so more guests could get through.

No, you aren't the only one that thinks that (it's for both). Anyone who thought KidZone would just up and close without some phasing or prep work wasn't paying attention. Plans changed a bit on when and how, but I still think it's happening.

A little late on this, but no- that type of work always happens prior to the land opening, not prior to construction starting.

DAK, just recently, was our biggest example of this. Walkways widening, Flame Tree expansion, tiffins opening, etc- all happened after Pandora was well underway.

No Reason to widen paths- which takes a few months- when a several year project hasn’t even started yet. This is almost assuredly a viewing/seating area for the new lagoon show.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
Well this is a fun mystery regarding the pile of metal.

On another note, the culling of trees strikes me as the next best thing to my idea of killing central park altogether and making it part of the lagoon. They certainly have opened up sitelines!

Definitely appears to be scaffolding and my thought would be that it will be set up to repaint the rocks? Doesn't explain the removal of the landscaping but time will tell.

Edit: (instead of a double post) it seems as though they are removing every trace of the old lagoon show and starting over with all brand new equipment. That does not look like a fun job to be pulling wire cables out of the lagoon.

For the cable pulling they could get crabbers. Those guys pull slimy ropes for hours every morning.

Reactions: Doug A.