Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show | Page 31 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
There must have been heavy rains in Orlando in the last day or so?
It downpoured yesterday for a short 10 minute period, but it was REALLY coming down. The winds had to be up or close to tropical storm force as well. It was ridiculous out there.

Oh, not sure how true it is, but I heard a rumor that the reason we are getting this new show is because much of the old show was ruined during Irma. Either way, glad to see they are putting in something that looks like it has a lot of potential. As always with Universal though due to how close they are to residential neighborhoods, fireworks will have to be limited so i'm interested in how they execute this show.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
It downpoured yesterday for a short 10 minute period, but it was REALLY coming down. The winds had to be up or close to tropical storm force as well. It was ridiculous out there.

Oh, not sure how true it is, but I heard a rumor that the reason we are getting this new show is because much of the old show was ruined during Irma. Either way, glad to see they are putting in something that looks like it has a lot of potential. As always with Universal though due to how close they are to residential neighborhoods, fireworks will have to be limited so i'm interested in how they execute this show.

I ad heard the Irma thing as well. I know it wrecked the AoV stage as well, so it seems possible.

The original World of Color had no pyro (minus the lake-based fire) and it's my favorite night show ever, so I'm hoping they just try their best to rip that off.

Reactions: Nick and Jones14
Irma wrecked equipment which caused them to cancel the last couple months of shows they were originally planning to have before saying goodbye, but they were already planning on replacing the show soon. They figured it wasn't worth it to rebuild just to tear it down again.

At least, that is my understanding.

Yea that TPU sounds way more speculation than this is what for sure is happening.

I kind of hope it's just speculation. While I'm fully in favor of all of the properties mentioned in that piece being represented in a major way, it would also feel like a huge missed opportunity to not also keep paying tribute to the classic Universal movies and characters that actually helped launch the park in the first place.

Irma wrecked equipment which caused them to cancel the last couple months of shows they were originally planning to have before saying goodbye, but they were already planning on replacing the show soon. They figured it wasn't worth it to rebuild just to tear it down again.

At least, that is my understanding.

Yeah, they had a concept ready to go way too quickly for the cause and effect being Irma damage. Irma just killed the show a few weeks quicker.

went to the park recently and there was these little black things sticking out of the middle of the lagoon at ioa.They kinda looked like they could be something that shoots water up.