Universal's Crowding | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Crowding

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's just that time of year. January - March is when a lot of tour groups come through the parks.

Is USO like Mecca to the Brazilian people?

Moreso a status symbol of the middle and upper class - send your kids, cuz you got the $$. The culture is heavily based on vanity and outwatd appearance (including outward appearance of being rich - Brazilian Butt Lifts anyone?)

- - - Updated - - -

And before someone tries to attack me for being un-PC, that's just presented for what it is.. it is the sociological reason why so many Brazilians come to Orlando. Like saying you don't build water rides in Japanese theme parks or shut off water spray effects because the Japanese don't like getting wet. They just don't.

*sigh* You do have to lower capacity estimates for bench seating in an American park versus abroad..

- - - Updated - - -

And you don't have to make the less-efficient wheelchair accessible queues abroad. Many designers don't - even when utilizing the same amount of space, cuz "f wheelchairs" as one particularly proud jerk at WDI once told me.

*sigh* You do have to lower capacity estimates for bench seating in an American park versus abroad..

It's not just the weight issue that causes that. It also has to do with the fact that Americans prefer more personal space than foreigners. Americans will leave more space between people on a bench. It's a cultural thing.

USF was so busy this morning that the group gate was open, and most of the guests are our friends from South America, and there were a lot of tour groups.

They opened those gates (I was among the first through them) but the park was super uncrowded. Gringotts capped at 45 minutes (actual wait - 25 minutes) at noon. By 5 it was down to 20. Parks were breathable.

Hitting the parks for a few hours tomorrow morning before departing. Will return with more detailed crowd observations/thoughts.

It's 5pm now. Despicable Me is at 35 minutes standby, while Mummy is 30 minutes standby with single rider closed. Are we in bizarro world?