Universal's Crowding | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Crowding

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
epclcyopedia: Thanks. Some nice insights on the attraction operation. Great news that Universal did so well over the holiday season. This helps contradict those who, for the last two years, keep saying that Universal is falling short of attendance expectations.....More profits=more new attractions,a winning guest experience formula.

"Biggest year" "broke records" etc..

http://www.uoteam.com/UONews141229.pdf

"Biggest year" "broke records" etc..

http://www.uoteam.com/UONews141229.pdf
A "SPECIAL THANKS" to all of the Universal Team Members who made our recent vacations so memorable. From Sept. 2013 through Sept. 2014 we spent 35 days on site during three trips to Universal from Pittsburgh. We encountered some of the friendliest and most helpful employees we have ever had contact with. While at Universal Studios, IOA, Citi Walk, Portofino, Royal Pacific and Cabana Bay, we never had a negative experience. A big reason we enjoy Universal is because the Team Members" always make us feel special. Thanks again.

The crowds were definitely extra healthy at the parks this weekend. Even the Grinch was still packing them in at every show.

Also, great newsletter. I had no idea they called the new employee parking structure TeamPark. That's really cute, actually.

Side note: I still seriously have my doubts that thing next to JP is Kong - or at least any Kong we've seen installed anywhere else. It has singular continuous catwalks in relatively low ceiling rooms and if you assume those follow a track or path or something they don't correlate to any known Kong attraction. Just sayin.

That's because it's not the same as any known Kong attraction.

It wasn't bad today. Bustling, but not terrible.

Bustling to me is a good thing...I hate when everyone expects Potter level crowds for Christmas and summer and if the crowds aren't like that then Universal is considered a ghost town and a flop...it is very unreasonable

9gBPCDj.jpg

Gringotts posted wait went from 75 to 45. Today is a good day.

We just posted an analysis of last week's UOR wait times on the Touringplans blog.

THATS the kind of stuff I was looking to get out of a thread like this. I dont know why but its all really interesting to me. Thanks for the write-up! I would think that busier-than-normal crowds on the days after New Years but less-than-average on days leading up to New Years either has to do with the bowl games or the fact that Disney (especially Epcot) makes a big deal of being the place to be on those days because obviously the people never left Orlando, evident in the crowd levels on that Jan 2-4 weekend. Btw, the entry mentioned the Studios hitting near capacity--did either park ever actually hit capacity? I know Hogsmeade went into Phase I Land Control at least once but I didn't think either of the whole parks themselves actually shut down--do you happen to know anything about that?

USF was so busy this morning that the group gate was open, and most of the guests are our friends from South America, and there were a lot of tour groups.