Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 169 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think the Dragons coaster will be phenomenal visually (in terms of setting and headchoppers) but I don't think the layout will be anything close to as special as Hagrids is.
I mentioned it before but I'm seeing a lot of parallels between this coaster and Cheetah Hunt so that's where I'm placing my expectations. The coaster being close to the ground, ducking through canyons, and skimming the water are similar in concept here along with the launches. I'm really looking forward to this one slightly more than Starfall because of that.

What this will have over Hagrid's is that you'll get to see the entire land and ride through it since the coaster is weaved into the land. I'm not expecting as big of a kick like Hagrid's though.

Does anyone know what these are for? I know there was discussion about the smaller octagonal building closer to the portal but I noticed the same structures in front of two portals so far and they're set opposite each other with the portal in the middle.

Monsters:
buildingpairmonsters.png

HP:
buildingpairminestry.png

Nintendo:
buildingpairsnw.png

SNW and HTTYD don't have theirs built yet, the base for the octagon one of SNW is already carved out though.

Is it possible the rectangle one might be for lockers? No idea what the other building might be for, but the layout in front of each portal is what drew my attention to make me think they're related and/or have the same purpose for each land.

Reactions: Suchomimus
Does anyone know what these are for? I know there was discussion about the smaller octagonal building closer to the portal but I noticed the same structures in front of two portals so far and they're set opposite each other with the portal in the middle.

Monsters:
View attachment 20930

HP:
View attachment 20931

Nintendo:
View attachment 20932

SNW and HTTYD don't have theirs built yet, the base for the octagon one of SNW is already carved out though.

Is it possible the rectangle one might be for lockers? No idea what the other building might be for, but the layout in front of each portal is what drew my attention to make me think they're related and/or have the same purpose for each land.
All the round (octagon) ones are "Concierge Kiosks," which offer select Guest Services and dining reservations. There are four of them, one near each portal.

All of the rectangle ones are "Retail Kiosks." There are also four of these. I am thinking retail like the pin/bags/soda stand you may see at the end of Port of Entry in IOA or in the center of the Central Park pathway in USF, but in these cases, likely tailored to the lands they sit just outside of.

Monsters:
View attachment 20930

HP:
View attachment 20931

Nintendo:
View attachment 20932

I'm guessing food booths and/or information kiosks. Lockers don't make a ton of sense outside of a land.

Edit: @Alicia beat me yet again lol

All the round (octagon) ones are "Concierge Kiosks," which offer select Guest Services and dining reservations. There are four of them, one near each portal.

All of the rectangle ones are "Retail Kiosks." There are also four of these. I am thinking retail like the pin/bags/soda stand you may see at the end of Port of Entry in IOA or in the center of the Central Park pathway in USF, but in these cases, likely tailored to the lands they sit just outside of.
My first thought is the rectangle ones were some kind of secluded seating area. Something locker-related was my next best guess lol That makes a lot more sense, thanks!

Reactions: Suchomimus and Nico
Do we know if the "moat" in front of the Monsters dark ride will have water in it or not?
Possibly to the right side of the bridge.

If you look at one of Bio's aerials, there are a few foundations in the planter adjacent to the house (in between ride's entrance and the snack stand next to the queue) and part of me think it's for fog or mist effects?

Reactions: Suchomimus
I thought some of you would be interested to see a time lapse from the beginning of construction to "present"

May 2018
May 2018.JPG
November 2018
Nov 2018.JPG
May 2019
May 2019.JPG
November 2019
Nov 2019.JPG
April 2020
Apr 2020.JPG
November 2020
Nov 2020.JPG
April 2021
Apr 2021.JPG
November 2021
Nov 2021.JPG
May 2022
May 2022.JPG
December 2022
Dec 2022.JPG
May 2023
May 2023.JPG
November 2023
Nov 2023.JPG

Attachments

• Nov 2022.JPG
    Nov 2022.JPG
    231.3 KB · Views: 17
I thought some of you would be interested to see a time lapse from the beginning of construction to "present"

May 2018
View attachment 20994
November 2018
View attachment 20995
May 2019
View attachment 20996
November 2019
View attachment 20997
April 2020
View attachment 20998
November 2020
View attachment 20999