Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 171 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Lucky for your son all the big pieces of the layout are kinda out of the view of the park patrons lol. Mack coasters are, well, interesting. They are not big on speed but know how to navigate with what speed they have. For instance, Copperhead strike is not the fastest coaster and looks tame, but it is engineered to still offer hang time in the loop and some serious airtime in the hill directly following the first vertical loop. Same with manta out west. very fun ride with some good variations of forces but doesn't look that intimidating. What also helps are the very open cars and the comfortable lap bar. I think we will see less ride denials for larger guest as the seats are accommodating and that is a huge (pun intended) plus lol.

Honestly, I feel VC is a definite stand out coaster for Intamin. By Intamin standards, it is one of their most complete coasters in the USA. When the ride is over you don't feel beat up or like you need more. When I think about it, the most complete feeling Intamin coasters are at universal resorts with the exception of cheetah hunt lol. Ok I am done rambling off topic. . .

Reactions: PerceptiveCoot
Lucky for your son all the big pieces of the layout are kinda out of the view of the park patrons lol. Mack coasters are, well, interesting. They are not big on speed but know how to navigate with what speed they have. For instance, Copperhead strike is not the fastest coaster and looks tame, but it is engineered to still offer hang time in the loop and some serious airtime in the hill directly following the first vertical loop. Same with manta out west. very fun ride with some good variations of forces but doesn't look that intimidating. What also helps are the very open cars and the comfortable lap bar. I think we will see less ride denials for larger guest as the seats are accommodating and that is a huge (pun intended) plus lol.

Honestly, I feel VC is a definite stand out coaster for Intamin. By Intamin standards, it is one of their most complete coasters in the USA. When the ride is over you don't feel beat up or like you need more. When I think about it, the most complete feeling Intamin coasters are at universal resorts with the exception of cheetah hunt lol. Ok I am done rambling off topic. . .
Well it helps it also doesn't really go upside down as he now has gained that fear even though he used to love Scorpion at BG. He also didn't ask if VC went upside down, he saw it at night and said he would try if he was tall enough where Hulk was a no, are you crazy I am never going on that thing. Again, he is not tall enough for either, but my oldest wanted to ride Hulk when she was 2 and finally got to go on it this year and loved it. So some kids have no fear and others have odd fears. My son is in the odd fear. Once riding he has only ever not liked Transformers and the dumb soarin like ride at Legoland. I still can't figure that out since he loved Soarin when he was 3 lol

I do think this will be an amazing coaster, I just have my doubts on it being better than VC. We will see.

Looks like we're getting marquees coming soon:

Does anyone know if the plan is matching marquees to the north campus or will this get something unique? I assume they had to file plans for signage already-- will they also use the blue round signs? I thought that was the coolest thing about visiting USH was seeing they used the same sign style as UOR, and I assume they'll maintain that style.

Does anyone know if the plan is matching marquees to the north campus or will this get something unique? I assume they had to file plans for signage already-- will they also use the blue round signs? I thought that was the coolest thing about visiting USH was seeing they used the same sign style as UOR, and I assume they'll maintain that style.

I'd imagine we're getting new ones soon as the main marquees are old... like 3 logos ago old

Reactions: Ahmanet

IMG_6549.jpeg
IMG_6550.jpeg

Edit: Yes the blue signs will continue down there according to land development plans!

IMG_6551.jpeg

What will be the hardest restaurant in Epic / Helios to get a table at (besides the Starbucks right after gates open) ?