Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 134 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If it is a ride I would be hard pressed to come up with a ride idea beyond what we already have built and being built. It can't be set in Hogwarts/Forbidden Forest or Gringotts/Diagon Alley due to those physically being in other parks. That leaves either British or French ministries of magic (something different from the "elevator ride" currently planned), or set in Paris.

OR a trip inside Newt's suitcase. Dun Dun Dunnnnnnnnn!!! That could be interesting. Using ride vehicles and animatronics. Think Na'vi River Journey combined with Pokemon Snap. (Thinking WAAAAY outside the box now) Each ride vehicle would be equipped with cameras for the riders to take pictures of the various Fantastic Beasts. And given a score based on how many you get (and you could keep the pictures you take once the ride is done). The ride could start off on land and eventually turn into a river ride (or vice versa). Could have a variety of Bioms (mountains with simulated cold air and snow), Forests, Rivers and Lakes (grindylows, kelpies and a giant squid).

You could probably even get Eddie Redmane and or Dan Fogler to reprise their roles.

Does no one else think a Potter Expansion in 2026 would be too soon? Wouldn't permits and construction for such an expansion have to start sometime within the next few months, if not now?
Alicia pointed out there are two restaurants being built right now that don’t have updated public permits yet. Also, she specifically mentioned the rumored expansion would break ground closer to when the land is further along. So I think we have some time.

Alicia pointed out there are two restaurants being built right now that don’t have updated public permits yet. Also, she specifically mentioned the rumored expansion would break ground closer to when the land is further along. So I think we have some time.
They technically have permits for them, just not updated language or site plan images. So we don’t know what they’re meant to look like yet.

I’m pretty sure the potter expansion is gonna be a ride because the show building for it is currently being built if I’m not mistaken. It’s just going to be a facade when opening.

I’m pretty sure the potter expansion is gonna be a ride because the show building for it is currently being built if I’m not mistaken. It’s just going to be a facade when opening.
That site hasn’t started construction for a building. You are correct that the facade is built based on previous designs. I think you could argue that an attraction is coming, but I don’t think it’s a ride.