Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 168 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My favorite is people who say that Velocicoaster wrecked Harry Potter Land for them as it wrecks the immersion of the land. The shoulder to shoulder people, 105-degree heat index, tropical downpours and thunderstorms every day didn't take them out of a winter wonderland full of wizards...but the neighboring coaster did :smirk:
For me, it's the "rule of cool". Part of what makes these lands so believable is the total immersion, but if the break in immersion is for something very cool (the "frozen" Diagon dragon) then I think it usually gets forgiven. Ugly hotels and business buildings are more difficult to forgive than kinetic coasters that add vibrance and energy, even if the steel tracks don't always fit in theme. *insert ToT/Morocco story*

For me, it's the "rule of cool". Part of what makes these lands so believable is the total immersion, but if the break in immersion is for something very cool (the "frozen" Diagon dragon) then I think it usually gets forgiven. Ugly hotels and business buildings are more difficult to forgive than kinetic coasters that add vibrance and energy, even if the steel tracks don't always fit in theme. *insert ToT/Morocco story*
Haha, love this rule and think it's so true. Some things are just too cool to be left out even if they break immersion.

Oh my gosh, I didn't realize how they were doing the DK coaster! The real track being underneath the "fake" one so it'll look like you're jumping broken rails is genius.
This is going to be one of those coasters I want to ride both in daytime and especially at night. Now that I think of it all the outdoor coasters fall into that category but for different reasons.

DK: At night the illusion of jumping gaps in the track will be more thrilling.

Starfall: The lighting on this at night should be rockin'

Werefolf: I imagine the fog will be more impactful when it comes to the theming.

Reactions: Ahmanet
Dragon coaster seems to get the least attention, but maybe will be the most popular one ... appeals to everyone like Hagrid does?

Dragon coaster seems to get the least attention, but maybe will be the most popular one ... appeals to everyone like Hagrid does?
I'm not sure what you would mean by getting the least attention when there have been plenty of feature along and surrounding the coaster that are being worked on, and at a rapid pace.

Reactions: Ahmanet