Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

Permits update:
  • On Monday Universal finally had their first two building permits get issued, but they are just for back of house site work.
  • The first building permit to be issued for vertical construction should be coming very soon, but will only be for a small back of house building.
  • On Tuesday Universal submitted a permit application for site work for an onsite concrete plant.
  • Yesterday (Wed.) Universal applied for a Project 902 (Monsters?) site work permit similar to what we've seen for SNW and HTTYD. Additionally, Universal applied for two permits labeled P902/B1501F and P902/B1530F, which I'm thinking might be for building foundations?
  • Very little progress has been made on all other pending permit applications.

I'm actually kind of surprised the warehouse/BoH buildings that were planned along Sandlake Road haven't been built yet. It seemed like they were as much for housing stuff from the existing property as anything, and seem like a practical addition for storing components of the new park during construction. Those seemed like they were ready to go before they even finished acquiring all the property, let alone announcing the park.

• Yesterday (Wed.) Universal applied for a Project 902 (Monsters?) site work permit similar to what we've seen for SNW and HTTYD. Additionally, Universal applied for two permits labeled P902/B1501F and P902/B1530F, which I'm thinking might be for building foundations?
Which means we might get a detailed look at the CM areas soon?

I got some bad news. The site plan for 902 was apparently submitted incorrectly, and is blank.

Hopefully it gets resubmitted soon.
Here's the site plans for the two building's foundations for 902. The main site plan, had it been submitted correctly, probably looks something like this, but without the buildings being shaded in gray.

P902-SitePlan-Buildings-2.jpg

Hmm, wonder when we'll see the hub permits? It's weird how there's a few hub buildings visible in the Nintendo permits, but they're purposefully cut off here.

Last edited:
Here's the site plans for the two building's foundations for 902. The main site plan, had it been submitted correctly, probably looks something like this, but without the buildings being shaded in gray.

View attachment 11584
Was really hoping that we would see what the mystery stadium to the west side of the land would look like...but I'm okay with this.