Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

I believe that this guy's info about the hotel is incorrect. If he is correct that the hotel will be a Mandarin Oriental resort instead of Loews, it would be Universal's first 5 Star resort.

More than the hotel info, he’s claiming that a 5th land hasn’t been announced. He listed off the four we already know plus the hub. Unless something changed since the concept art was released, he’s wrong on that front as well.

She did say on Theme Park Shark (@Dustin channel, highly recommend checking it out for many things) that Pokemon may be coming sooner than we think. Maybe we'll be blessed with a 5th land here. Also a Mandarin Orientel would be insanely nice hahaha.

More than the hotel info, he’s claiming that a 5th land hasn’t been announced. He listed off the four we already know plus the hub. Unless something changed since the concept art was released, he’s wrong on that front as well.

I think people are getting confused by the 5th land being the hub.

Edit: We should probably move most of this conversation to the speculation thread.

Last edited:
Apparently Bio is up in the air!

I drove past the construction site today and there are still trucks going in and out and work happening.

So I'm curious what we're looking at here, if I'm looking at the dead center of this photo what exactly am I looking at in comparison to the concept art?

So I'm curious what we're looking at here, if I'm looking at the dead center of this photo what exactly am I looking at in comparison to the concept art?
I think it would be looking at the entrance area and HTTYD from the direction of Nintendo, but I'm not 100% sure of the placement off the top of my head

Governor DeSantis states the Sand Lake Rd construction will be accelerated by 4-6 weeks, among other FL road projects. He calls this an optimal time for road construction, due to the light traffic. This was part of a greater announcement regarding a FL stay at home order, Sand Lake mentioned at 3:22.

Governor DeSantis states the Sand Lake Rd construction will be accelerated by 4-6 weeks, among other FL road projects. He calls this an optimal time for road construction, due to the light traffic. This was part of a greater announcement regarding a FL stay at home order, Sand Lake mentioned at 3:22.

That's so weird, I was just thinking that this would be the perfect time to speed up the I4 project. Outside of the nastiness of this virus, it's fascinating viewing to see how the world has come together and also providing opportunities to people and companies that would never have been possible before.

So how is Universal able to continue work, but I read on WDWNT that all the construction crews working at Walk Disney World were laid off?

Comcast decided to still fund construction. Disney didn't.

Did they have to get permission/approval from the state? Not sure I would call building a new theme park "essential business"...
California, despite having a shelter-in-place order for three weeks, just declared construction as non-essential two days ago. Construction is, generally, considered “essential” until it’s not.