Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 35 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
From other nature documentaries I've seen, a sign of a healthy construction season is when cranes flock into town in large numbers early in the year. ;)

For real I hope Universal has some cameras set up at a few angles to cover this in a special for the park to upload later. I don't think they wouldn't be documenting this already.

From other nature documentaries I've seen, a sign of a healthy construction season is when cranes flock into town in large numbers early in the year. ;)

For real I hope Universal has some cameras set up at a few angles to cover this in a special for the park to upload later. I don't think they wouldn't be documenting this already.

I'm sure they will.

IOA had several documentaries filmed when it was being built.

There's probably more out there.

I think that the making of VC on Peacock received good reviews and it's a marketing / synergy gold mine.

I'm sure they will.

I think that the making of VC on Peacock received good reviews and it's a marketing / synergy gold mine.

I know people like to talk about preview centers but I think at this point Universal could run a pretty strong marketing campaign using "making of" type videos for each area of the park released shortly before opening with shorter clips available earlier for social media and web/app previews.

Does the hub hotel have a crane?

Hope it has more elegant construction techniques than Endless Summer ...

The prefab was a cost-savings method to create a value resort, but NGL i think "pre-fab that just fits together" is pretty elegant myself.

Yes, the Endless Summer finished product are cool hotels. Surfside was great to stay at.

The hub hotel though, I thought would be Vegas level?

Yes, the Endless Summer finished product are cool hotels. Surfside was great to stay at.

The hub hotel though, I thought would be Vegas level?
im not sure why this is being discussed, since Beijing hotel which is a very similar design was not a prefab. and endless summer resort didnt have a concrete plant on site like Epic does.

either way its a pointless discussing how how the concrete is formed as it has little to do with how a hotel is furnished or serviced

I'm sure they will.

Yeah, I've seen most of those although I haven't seen the VC one. I'll need to check it out.

I think I'm just stating the obvious out of slight impatience to see this get built, ride it, and then learn how they did it. ;) Being able to get up close to Hogsmeade during construction was nice, particularly when the guest paths were really close to the construction zone. Since this is completely isolated there's no chance of that similar situation.

I think they've also gotten wiser about hiding on-site plans and covering doorways over the years, so I'm hoping they'll have footage of some of those things to release someday. Why can't they just tell us all the secrets now? lol

It's great to finally see such defined areas being dug out! There's something a little zen about that dirt pile in the top right.
It's finally happening for real this time! :clap:

Wonder if we get a value resort at the south resort sooner than later. Endless Summer/Cabana Bay are ridiculously busy now. Rates at Cabana Bay are getting up near Disney's Value resort pricing...

• Wow
Reactions: Ahmanet
I would put money on the 912 &913 twins being value resorts like ESR

I would prefer more Cabana Bay value resorts versus Endless Summer. Maybe the I-Drive plot used for an Endless style resort, and the closer plots a Cabana Bay 2.0

Also, does anyone know if the Turnpike/528/US441 interchange have any plans for improvement?

They are going to have three hotels at opening right ?

Value, moderate and deluxe each having their own property would be a good start.

Fountain in front of the hub hotel, cool.

Maybe will have a water show like Bellagio or EPCOT or? Would make the hub a destination on its own.