Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

The carousel is going to be so damned impressive and eye catching once finally finished. I can imagine families using it as a way to find each other in case they get separated in the park. "Ok family if you get lost just come to the huge brightly colored carousel in the middle of the park and wait."

The carousel is going to be so damned impressive and eye catching once finally finished. I can imagine families using it as a way to find each other in case they get separated in the park. "Ok family if you get lost just come to the huge brightly colored carousel in the middle of the park and wait."

It's spectacular and why I want a second flat in the park hub.

TIFWIW, and mods remove if need be, but a user on that other site claims the following:

"I can’t delve into details, but just imagine if instead of [the Monsters ride] merely having a moving object/animatronic, say it’s projection mapped on top of, rendered in real-time. To say it’s spectacular in person is an understatement, which is just one of the reasons why I’m honestly expecting the Monsters Ride to be among the best attractions in the world, if not taking that title outright.

The Potter ride should be equally wild too, and will also feature that tech, but not quite as pronounced. The knock your socks off feature is instead of just boarding a ride vehicle and departing the load platform, the room around your vehicle physically moves with it, with the vehicle you’re in only leaving it after a bit."

We have to wait two years...how will I survive? :dizzy:

TIFWIW, and mods remove if need be, but a user on that other site claims the following:

"I can’t delve into details, but just imagine if instead of [the Monsters ride] merely having a moving object/animatronic, say it’s projection mapped on top of, rendered in real-time. To say it’s spectacular in person is an understatement, which is just one of the reasons why I’m honestly expecting the Monsters Ride to be among the best attractions in the world, if not taking that title outright.

The Potter ride should be equally wild too, and will also feature that tech, but not quite as pronounced. The knock your socks off feature is instead of just boarding a ride vehicle and departing the load platform, the room around your vehicle physically moves with it, with the vehicle you’re in only leaving it after a bit."

We have to wait two years...how will I survive? :dizzy:
There are patents to back up both of these statements actually.

I can’t delve into details, but just imagine if instead of [the Monsters ride] merely having a moving object/animatronic, say it’s projection mapped on top of, rendered in real-time. To say it’s spectacular in person is an understatement, which is just one of the reasons why I’m honestly expecting the Monsters Ride to be among the best attractions in the world, if not taking that title outright.
So, with Monsters, moving setpieces/animatronics combined with projection mapping?
While I think such technology could run the risk of being "Projected Faces 2.0," if done well, it could be incredibly cool.

Especially if they could figure out how to use it for, say, Larry Talbot's transformation into the Wolf Man...
tumblr_las7vuVO9c1qa36kao1_500.gif

Maybe project part of the transformation onto a human face as we leave a scene, then see a full Wolf Man AA in the following scene, for example.