Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion | Page 126 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It’s pronounced “Fronkensteen.”
The Best Frankenstein movie. Young Frankenstein rocks.
Fall Dancing GIF

They’re already testing it. I expect to see it roll out completely to IOA and USF next year ahead of Epic.
I remember them using it for express when I visited with my friend. She was impressed it recognized her every time they used it. Being Asian she has had issues with the facial recognition not working. Now, it did trip up on me when I switched glasses. That surprised me.

I can not overstate how much I loathe the facial recognition aspect of this park.
I get the aversion from a privacy standpoint. But, I will tell you that the technology is everywhere now. I work at a large retail store, you are on camera from the moment you drive into the parking lot. The video quality is frighteningly good. Like you steal a TV and walk to your car, they can zoom in and get your license plate.
They put people on watch lists for theft, and the cameras in the store will let them know when you walk in.
We have no privacy anymore, just the illusion of privacy.
When I walk onto universal property I assume I am on someones camera.

I get the aversion from a privacy standpoint. But, I will tell you that the technology is everywhere now. I work at a large retail store, you are on camera from the moment you drive into the parking lot. The video quality is frighteningly good. Like you steal a TV and walk to your car, they can zoom in and get your license plate.
They put people on watch lists for theft, and the cameras in the store will let them know when you walk in.
We have no privacy anymore, just the illusion of privacy.
When I walk onto universal property I assume I am on someones camera.
we don't need to get into this again, but I will note that there are many things with widespread use in this country and abroad that I strongly oppose.

Customs coming into Hawaii doesn’t even take an arrival form. They take your picture and you move along.

I’m not a fan at all (though I’m very use to from Korea where policing is mostly through CCTV), but yeah. That wine is spilt.
Wonder if that depends on certain factors, Adam the Woo just went to Hawaii and he was given a customs form.

Wonder if that depends on certain factors, Adam the Woo just went to Hawaii and he was given a customs form.
You still have to do one if you’re declaring any goods. But the actual “passport” aspect of it? Nothing. When I came in April (and every time prior), I had to turn in the arrival card, hand over a passport (and orders, since I’m traveling for work), they’d validate it all, then let me through. Last week when I arrived, they asked for none of that.

Now, I am flying from Korea where they take photos both as you arrive AND depart. So it’s possible US Customs has a new partnership to synch travel (or the guy just thought I was pretty).