Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion | Page 128 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That’s the point, go to that park if it’s the best ride for you. I don’t think Epic really needs it. Helps differentiate the parks a bit in terms of attraction lineup.
No one cares about “differentiating the parks” outside of people who post on forums. If Uni built a solid flying theater attraction at EU it would probably be a popular addition for 99.9% of the guests there

No one cares about “differentiating the parks” outside of people who post on forums. If Uni built a solid flying theater attraction at EU it would probably be a popular addition for 99.9% of the guests there
Disagree. Disney’s parks are overall relatively different in a good way. Universal is now trying to sell itself as a week long resort and having multiple different “vibes” for lack of a better word is good for a theme park vacation.

Not saying it wouldn’t be popular, but I’m not sure it’s needed. Especially at launch.

USF is a whole different park.
Has nothing to do with making the parks different from one another, I just think people in general are done with the motion simulator gimmick. Flight and Soarin are great simulators, but what can they offer that's unique to differentiate them? Inverted seating like that patent from a few years ago?

Reactions: SeventyOne
Disagree. Disney’s parks are overall relatively different in a good way. Universal is now trying to sell itself as a week long resort and having multiple different “vibes” for lack of a better word is good for a theme park vacation.

Not saying it wouldn’t be popular, but I’m not sure it’s needed. Especially at launch.
Vibes are not the same as ride types though. And the vibes of EU aren't substantially different than IOA, if we're being honest.
Has nothing to do with making the parks different from one another, I just think people in general are done with the motion simulator gimmick. Flight and Soarin are great simulators, but what can they offer that's unique to differentiate them? Inverted seating like that patent from a few years ago?
I think you're underselling how massively popular flying theaters are basically everywhere they've been installed.

I also think you're overselling how much most people care about "uniqueness". They just want good rides.

Reactions: HandsomePete
Vibes are not the same as ride types though. And the vibes of EU aren't substantially different than IOA, if we're being honest.

I think you're underselling how massively popular flying theaters are basically everywhere they've been installed.

I also think you're overselling how much most people care about "uniqueness". They just want good rides.
Vibes is definitely a thing, cause anytime my family wanted to just eat a lot or drink we never went to IOA really cause of the rides, plus more shows at USF. So, we went to Studios.

IOA definitely isn’t crazy different than Epic, minus the portals and the hub being a land itself. It’s almost an extended version. Which I like, but there’s still different variety. Nignt time show possible, parade possible, 2 shows compared to none rn at IOA, it’s about the overall attraction lineup. Seems like possibly a lot more food options as well.

Vibes is definitely a thing, cause anytime my family wanted to just eat a lot or drink we never went to IOA really cause of the rides, plus more shows at USF. So, we went to Studios.

IOA definitely isn’t crazy different than Epic, minus the portals and the hub being a land itself. It’s almost an extended version. Which I like, but there’s still different variety. Nignt time show possible, parade possible, 2 shows compared to none rn at IOA, it’s about the overall attraction lineup. Seems like possibly a lot more food options as well.
Again, I think you're applying theme park superfan logic to normal guest logic.

Attraction wise, EU and IOA are pretty similar. IP wise, they're pretty similar. But none of that will matter as long as the offerings at EU are good, because that's really all that 99% of the visitors care about. Are there good attractions? Good enough for them.

Piggybacking onto the HTTYD discussion. I have never seen one of the movies, so story continuation matter less to me than a visual pleasing, flowing land full of kinetic energy. Immersion should tell A story if not the story of the movies.

Reactions: Rhian and GA-MBIT
Man we need news. We have somehow looped back around and started advocating for screen rides. :lmao:

This land has a themed family coaster that zooms past dragons, dragon meet and greets, a high production stage show about dragons, dragon houses a top huge rock work, 3 flat rides and a playground. That’s a solid dragon filled lineup at open.

If everyone complains that that there isn’t an experience replicating flying on a dragon, they have an expansion plot ready to go as @Cup_Of_Coffee has mentioned.

I mean… we don’t know that yet
Don't take that as me complaining. But overall, the parks feel very similar in concept, and I don't think it's a stretch to say so. A bunch of disparate IP lands stitched together with the barest of justification (islands in IOA, portals in EU).

It's not going to matter in the end because IOA is great, and no one cares or questions why you're in Hogsmeade one second and Jurassic park the next. Just like no one is going to care that Nintendo, Monsters, Fantastic Beasts But Not Fantastic Beasts, and HTTYD are all smushed into the same park, because that park is going to be very good.

Man we need news. We have somehow looped back around and started advocating for screen rides. :lmao:

This land has a themed family coaster that zooms past dragons, dragon meet and greets, a high production stage show about dragons, dragon houses a top huge rock work, 3 flat rides and a playground. That’s a solid dragon filled lineup at open.

If everyone complains that that there isn’t an experience replicating flying on a dragon, they have an expansion plot ready to go as @Cup_Of_Coffee has mentioned.
It is vital we get some news in early 2024 or I’m going to go insane.

Reactions: Nico
I mean, we'll see!

That's why I said this:
That's not to say that anything will be bad, either. They're just things that seem somewhat counterintuitive to me (at this unfinished point, 20ish months before any of us will actually be walking around in the land for ourselves).

People absolutely do not care about the ride system... but my point is that motion simulators tend to offer the same elements ( water spray, fake fall to the death, etc.) and that's about 9 (Spidey, Kong, FJ, Despicable, Fallon, F&F, Transformers, Gringotts, Simpsons) Universal attractions at the current resort.

If HTTYD can offer a different experience, by all means, go ahead. But if it results in using the same playbook, then I prefer that Universal avoid it.

Sure? But it's fair to judge what's on offer on opening day. A park doesn't get extra points just because someday something else really good might get added. You evaluate what the company puts in front of you.

But I'm really talking about the whole conception of the land's rides as a series of training exercises instead of experiences letting guests actually interact with or ride "real" dragons. I question the design aesthetics of a coaster with lots of undisguised supports running throughout this fantastical medieval Scandinavia. And I'm skeptical that the show (which I have every confidence will be fairly good, based on the version that has opened overseas) will truly fill the role of the land's de facto E-ticket.

That's not to say that anything will be bad, either. They're just things that seem somewhat counterintuitive to me (at this unfinished point, 20ish months before any of us will actually be walking around in the land for ourselves).

I could not disagree more strongly, but that's a conversation for a different thread!
Isn't there a rumor that next to the theater show there are "stables" with dragons. (Heck, as long as we get the China stage show i'm happy- that thing is amazing!)