Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion | Page 130 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So, now the Mardi Gras info is out (minus concerts of course), I'm thinking the new year starts off the revving up of the EU publicity...
Alicia said in a recent Park Stop video that in January we should expect some more big news. If they’re opening hotels January 2025, a year out makes sense. I’d expect new concept art, confirmed land names, and a “Summer 2025” confirmation.

I think the 2 hotels will be promoted softly late this year but the real push for Epic Universe I expect start at the start at the summer season. Universal will keep it's Halloween customers after the summer as the holiday crowds but people will start to make reservations for 2025.
In the mean time the try to seduce locals to visit their resort.

I think the 2 hotels will be promoted softly late this year but the real push for Epic Universe I expect start at the start at the summer season. Universal will keep it's Halloween customers after the summer as the holiday crowds but people will start to make reservations for 2025.
In the mean time the try to seduce locals to visit their resort.
Lots of special tourist total resort packages probably coming next year for late 2024 beginning 2025.....before Epic opens. They won't need discount packages when Epic opens.

Too bad the Super Bowl will be on CBS in 2024 and Fox in 2025-- they could still buy commercial time, but it would be easier to cross promote on their own network.

I'm sure their promotional apparatus will be in high gear during the 2024 Paris Olympics on NBC and their networks as well as any other "must see" events they have like the 2024 Macy's Parade and the 2024 Rockefeller Center Christmas that draw eyeballs to the network, along with all 7 hours of the Today Show.

With IAAPA starting soon, it's got me thinking about next year and the close proximity of Epic Universe to the OCCC.

For a company like Mack that has several rides, would they be able to give a tour or test to potential clients assuming that Epic is near completion at this stage?

With IAAPA starting soon, it's got me thinking about next year and the close proximity of Epic Universe to the OCCC.

For a company like Mack that has several rides, would they be able to give a tour or test to potential clients assuming that Epic is near completion at this stage?
I know SeaWorld in the past would let B&M do tours of their attractions in the past, not sure if Universal is big on that though.

I'd expect Universal next year is going to dominate IAAPA though lol

I'm still trying to figure out vacation dates. My daughter will be in grade 12 in 2025-26, so missing school isn't an option. Holidays and March Break are too expensive for flights. I'm realistically thinking the last two weeks of August 2025. If we plan for 10 days, we can skip the parks in the afternoon if the humidity is killing us. My folks aren't getting any younger (mid 70s in 2025) and they want to see and experience this park with us.

I'm still trying to figure out vacation dates. My daughter will be in grade 12 in 2025-26, so missing school isn't an option. Holidays and March Break are too expensive for flights. I'm realistically thinking the last two weeks of August 2025. If we plan for 10 days, we can skip the parks in the afternoon if the humidity is killing us. My folks aren't getting any younger (mid 70s in 2025) and they want to see and experience this park with us.
I would wait a little longer to see if they announce a more solid date/timeframe for the opening of the park. Sometime summer of 2025 is vague and not really set in concrete. And even if you do manage to make the opening, the initial crowds for the first month are going to be insane. Not too mention getting all the rides running at 100%.

But that is all up to you. If are a risk taker and feel it's worth it then don't me dissuade your plans. And I hope it all works out.