Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion | Page 167 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I am baffled by the timing of the Preview Center opening in June. It seems too early. Announcing that a Preview Center was coming to CityWalk is all positive. But unless Universal plans to release the video announcements of the final two lands in quick succession during June, actually opening it now is awkward. Do you reveal everything in June in the Preview Center, knowing that the individual land announcements will be diminished by YouTubers posting everything in the Center on opening day? Or do you cover half the model and leave information on those lands blanked out, disappointing visitors who arrive to the preview of half a park? Either way seems like a negative result. I assume that Universal marketing has a strategy for this, but I cannot figure out what it is.

I am baffled by the timing of the Preview Center opening in June. It seems too early. Announcing that a Preview Center was coming to CityWalk is all positive. But unless Universal plans to release the video announcements of the final two lands in quick succession during June, actually opening it now is awkward. Do you reveal everything in June in the Preview Center, knowing that the individual land announcements will be diminished by YouTubers posting everything in the Center on opening day? Or do you cover half the model and leave information on those lands blanked out, disappointing visitors who arrive to the preview of half a park? Either way seems like a negative result. I assume that Universal marketing has a strategy for this, but I cannot figure out what it is.
The model is fully visible in the video in January. The AR interactive elements won’t appear for the remaining two lands until after they’re announced, and new merch will appear in the store. It will likely get locals (vloggers) to come back to the preview center too.

Are there going to be the kinds of elaborate physical displays for each land like the IOA Preview Center had, or will it basically just be the model with its "augmented reality on compatible mobile devices" stuff?

Reactions: Suchomimus
The model is fully visible in the video in January. The AR interactive elements won’t appear for the remaining two lands until after they’re announced, and new merch will appear in the store. It will likely get locals (vloggers) to come back to the preview center too.
Do we know if it will be the same model, or will it be updated with the missing restaurants that are obviously under construction?

Do we know if it will be the same model, or will it be updated with the missing restaurants that are obviously under construction?
Same model. (Probably been updated since video.)
Are there going to be the kinds of elaborate physical displays for each land like the IOA Preview Center had, or will it basically just be the model with its "augmented reality on compatible mobile devices" stuff?
Model is big. Building is small.

IOA Preview Center was open for two years prior to the park's opening FWIW.

I don’t think THAT model was supposed to be seen (aka taken BTS). Link removed. If I’m wrong, I’ll gladly repost.
Photos from ~2020, definitely not shared by Universal and not recently. Probably taken by one of the artists and maybe shared with friends, not meant to be released publicly. Perhaps they were shared to a personal art portfolio, but not that I have seen. And reverse image search doesn't bring them up.

As has been mentioned, the model has undergone A LOT of changes since it was built in 2019, and will not look the same when we see it in the Preview Center in a couple weeks.

What does BTS mean?
Behind the scenes... (or a K-Pop band)

Hmm, I guess that's why the current PC location is much smaller than last time. Will the characters from each IP announce what their lands look like in mobile devices instead of TV screens?

Last edited by a moderator: