Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion | Page 168 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So... the new TPS News Video

Potentially "Early Next Year, Before The Summer", huh?

This has me confused. I thought the new Potter ride design over there was a last-minute pivot and they were way behind schedule. Are they actually feeling confident about it now or are they just willing to open without Potter fully ready?

This has me confused. I thought the new Potter ride design over there was a last-minute pivot and they were way behind schedule. Are they actually feeling confident about it now or are they just willing to open without Potter fully ready?
Sometimes you have a problem where all it's parameters are not fully understood, and you don't even know how many parameters there are. Accordingly, that problem might take an indefinite amount of time to solve. Sometimes those problems get solved in two months and sometimes they got solved in six. Maybe it's one of those situations.

I wouldn’t call 6 years ago now a last minute pivot, but it is an ambitious project that has a lot of unknowns to work through.

But they switched ride system concepts in probably 2017 and again in 2018 while designing this attraction, yes. By the time the park was announced in 2019 it was designed as is now though.

Whether it all works or not, we’ll have to keep our fingers crossed for.

The Monsters theater to a coaster, now that’s more like a last minute pivot in my mind. Covid slowdown in construction seemed to give them extra time to redo the land’s plans before major work started back up.

Huge grain of salt.

But then again, the guy is executive director for the creation of the park, soooo

It’s hard to know what to believe at this point, which makes things slightly difficult when you need to book international travel. We’d been planning to head over for late May / early June in the hopes of getting lucky, but recent rumours re delays were making us reconsider. Now I’m not sure what to think!

Reactions: theuberguberman
I wonder if they were drafting concepts for a Ghostbusters attraction before someone told them that the last Luigi's Mansion game made more than combined gross of the last three Ghostbusters movies.
I think it's more of "Nintendo is making us piles of cash-- we need more and sooner rather than later", and "Super Nintendo World is too small and we should have made it bigger..."

It’s hard to know what to believe at this point, which makes things slightly difficult when you need to book international travel. We’d been planning to head over for late May / early June in the hopes of getting lucky, but recent rumours re delays were making us reconsider. Now I’m not sure what to think!
Me too!

I think it's more of "Nintendo is making us piles of cash-- we need more and sooner rather than later", and "Super Nintendo World is too small and we should have made it bigger..."
Near enough every family with young-teen-(post teen!) boys are going to see Nintendo World and want to go. In the U.K. I think Disney has a huge girl pull (with a little for the Toy Story/Star Wars fans), Universal has a pull for the superhero boys and Potter fans, but Nintendo is going to pull a whole new crowd who might not have felt that pull before. Generally speaking (of course, there are exceptions), Brits don’t tend to visit the Cali parks or Japan. Nintendo is timeless and the longevity and following is huge, expansion would be a safe bet! If a UK park can do well to be known as ‘Peppa Pig World’ and pull people from all over the country , UO will pull a lot of visitors for Nintendo! My boys keep asking ‘when will Mario land open’, they’ve forgotten about everything else!

Reactions: Ahmanet
I'm 100% sure its that...USH maybe doesn't have the same issue as Japan but Japan there are multiple days (non holiday) where people still can't get into the land in they are there 1-2 hours after the park opening because it just doesn't have the capacity. Even when DK opens, while that one attraction will help, I doubt that there will still be enough to do to absorb those crowds. So for Orlando, it makes so much sense to expand early so if the land is overpacked at park opening that can still spread people out.

For every day EU is not open, it's tons and tons of money Comcast is missing out on. I'm sure there is a HUGE push from Comcast to get his thing open as soon as possible. I just hope they don't open it before its ready.

For every day EU is not open, it's tons and tons of money Comcast is missing out on. I'm sure there is a HUGE push from Comcast to get his thing open as soon as possible. I just hope they don't open it before its ready.
If they open EU before its fully baked, a lot of people are going to get deja vu of USF's original opening. If there is one ride at the park that is probably going to have technical issues, it would probably be the Battle of the Ministry ride in Potter.

So what are we looking at as the first additions after the park opens?

Great Hall Dining?
Luigi's Mansion?
Creature From the Black Lagoon boat ride?

The only expansion plot large enough for a fully fleshed out land is between Stardust Racers and Potter....correct?

So what are we looking at as the first additions after the park opens?

Great Hall Dining?
Luigi's Mansion?
Creature From the Black Lagoon boat ride?

The only expansion plot large enough for a fully fleshed out land is between Stardust Racers and Potter....correct?
As far I feel, only one of these is in active development at this time.

As far I feel, only one of these is in active development at this time.
Please be Luigi's Mansion...
Nintendo Switch Omg GIF