Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion | Page 149 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Honestly, I think too emphasis has been put on Day Tickets but losing site of the bigger picture.
First of, its my belief that although the park will have a Grand Opening June 7th 2025, to which they can book the talent (Spielberg et al) to visit just like they did back in the day. BUT if they can get this park opened earlier unofficially, they absolutely will. They can call it technical rehearsals to cover their ass if stuff is not working as it should just like they did successfully with VC. Im sure ideally they would like this park to be generating money as soon as possible in 2025.
If they can get the park open from April 21st 2025 to AP previews, im sure they will.
Brits can ONLY buy multi-park tickets, our ticket is 14 days USF/IOA/VB currently costs around £360, we came to the conclusion that adding Epic would bring the cost up to around £450 (Disney 4 park, water park 14 day tickets are £610 each).
My point is they will absolutely have guests with multi-park tickets who have booked a vacation to experience EU they MUST cater to, and honestly it benefits them to have people staying on resort as they spend way more money.
Selling only Day tickets at the beginning freezes out those guests from getting in the park, IOA and USF have max capacities of 42K each, but Epic is likely to be slightly higher maybe 50-60K. Perhaps they cap the total sales for 3 (+VB) parks at 85K per day. If locals have had a month or more to get into the park the pile on everyone worries about doesn't necessarily happen and guests comflortably float between three parks plus VB. Maybe theres a limited number of door tickets available who know

Also, I dont think the Open Hub in at night thing is viable other than maybe letting Helios guests walk from the security gate directly into BlueDragon and back. theres only few thousand people staying there, and most hub places arent full sit downs

This just crosses my mind the other day, but could we see Epic Universe get multiple popcorn buckets??

- Nintendo already has a popcorn bucket & sipper in Japan & Hollywood. I'm sure Donkey Kong will get one when that opens in Japan
- There is a Toothless popcorn bucket for HTTYD

Could we see one for Monsters (Studio Screamers Frankenstein?), Potter or even Celestial Park?

This just crosses my mind the other day, but could we see Epic Universe get multiple popcorn buckets??

- Nintendo already has a popcorn bucket & sipper in Japan & Hollywood. I'm sure Donkey Kong will get one when that opens in Japan
- There is a Toothless popcorn bucket for HTTYD

Could we see one for Monsters (Studio Screamers Frankenstein?), Potter or even Celestial Park?
I think WB would say no to a Potter popcorn bucket, But they seem to have loosened up a bit in recent years, so who knows!

Inside the Magic is reporting that the Dark Universe land will have 5 attractions. This seems different from what I've heard everywhere else. What do we think about their list of attractions?
  • Monsters Unchained: A dark ride set in Frankenstein Manor
  • Monstertreffen: A meet-and-greet and performance
  • Curse of the Werewolf: A roller coaster
  • Large indoor dark ride: Set in a gothic manor, this ride features experiments from Dr. Victoria Frankenstein.
  • Large second ride: Similar to Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, this ride is about five stories tall and located in a Frankenstein’s Manor-themed showbuilding
Source: Universal Confirms More 'Harry Potter', Nintendo, Monsters, and Dragons Coming to Massive New Theme Park - Inside the Magic

• Haha
Reactions: DodgsonHere
Inside the Magic is reporting that the Dark Universe land will have 5 attractions. This seems different from what I've heard everywhere else. What do we think about their list of attractions?
  • Monsters Unchained: A dark ride set in Frankenstein Manor
  • Monstertreffen: A meet-and-greet and performance
  • Curse of the Werewolf: A roller coaster
  • Large indoor dark ride: Set in a gothic manor, this ride features experiments from Dr. Victoria Frankenstein.
  • Large second ride: Similar to Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, this ride is about five stories tall and located in a Frankenstein’s Manor-themed showbuilding
Source: Universal Confirms More 'Harry Potter', Nintendo, Monsters, and Dragons Coming to Massive New Theme Park - Inside the Magic
Inside the Magic isn't usually the best about reporting information accurately. The 1st, 4th, and 5th ones mentioned are all the same ride.

I feel this way. I don't have any attachment to the franchise (besides thinking toothless is super cute), but I'm excited to explore the land
Yeah, and it’s very timeless/universally appealing. I haven’t seen one of the movies since the first sequel came out, but it looks like the land doesn’t require you to be invested in the stories to get the most out of it like Potter does. You like dragons? You like Vikings? Boom. We’ve got the perfect land for you