Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 113 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do have to wonder if they decided to cut anything, or possible add a Nintendo property instead of HTTYD? Should be interesting to find out more. Looking at what Universal has to work with, it seems prime for a land there.
I’d really hope they spread the Nintendo IPs to the other parks. One in each sounds perfect to me before thinking of adding a 2nd to another park.

I’d really hope they spread the Nintendo IPs to the other parks. One in each sounds perfect to me before thinking of adding a 2nd to another park.

I’m not an antivaxxer and vaccinated both my kids
(And would with another). But to know aspirin and Tylenol have a thorough list of side effects but Vaccines only have “possible soreness from where the shot was given”?
Sure, big pharma, sure
Oh I want them to spread out Nintendo as well. It frankly makes the most sense, anyways. The expansion plot for Nintendo doesn’t seem as large as the plot for kidzone/Simpsons either, and I beleive Simpsons contract will likely be up in 8-10 years. Would make sense to double down on Mario at Epic Universal, and it’s not unrealistic to think it takes that long to make a Pokémon land at USF.
If we’re really thinking about it as well, with EU in 2023 and other possible expansions there and at IOA, it’s possible we don’t see anything major at USF for awhile. They have Diagon Alley as enough of a sell it seems.

Also, since the Mario Kart queue in Japan at least will have an express pass line, this confirms that Epic Universe will carry over express pass. Not that it’s likely a surprise, but I think there was some talk/speculation, mostly speculation, about the park or the majority of rides being virtual queue. Doesn’t seem like that’d be the plan espeically since MK will have single riders as well. Could be just for that ride and just Japan but I thought it was worthy to note

I don't think virtual queue has worked out as well as they thought it would. It may be OK for one or two different type attractions in a park, like Race Through NY with it's long, extensive and very entertaining queue shows, but that's the exception. Universal basically abandoned it on everything else they tested it on, if only briefly for a couple of them (Pter. Flyers, Despicable Me, Shrek, F&F).

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
Also, since the Mario Kart queue in Japan at least will have an express pass line, this confirms that Epic Universe will carry over express pass. Not that it’s likely a surprise, but I think there was some talk/speculation, mostly speculation, about the park or the majority of rides being virtual queue. Doesn’t seem like that’d be the plan espeically since MK will have single riders as well. Could be just for that ride and just Japan but I thought it was worthy to note

I believe people have stated multiple times that Mario Kart had a traditional queue. Also for virtual queue to work, you need an area specifically full of things to do (Like Fallon) or a park with enough attractions/restaurants/shops with great hourly capacity to absorb people not standing in line (which was VB's downfall)

I believe people have stated multiple times that Mario Kart had a traditional queue. Also for virtual queue to work, you need an area specifically full of things to do (Like Fallon) or a park with enough attractions/restaurants/shops with great hourly capacity to absorb people not standing in line (which was VB's downfall)
SNW, the land itself, is so tiny, it'll be a good thing to have enough space for many thousands of guests in the Mario Kart queue... otherwise there's no room whatsover for them, and no room for overflow into the land the way it is set up

I know it’s unlikely to happen, but I do wish the HTTYD coaster was going to be a hybrid of some sorts, could theme the wooden coaster part to the Viking village very well while still having some veeerryyy steep turns, but maybe not a full inversion anywhere.

Reactions: Magic-Man
I know it’s unlikely to happen, but I do wish the HTTYD coaster was going to be a hybrid of some sorts, could theme the wooden coaster part to the Viking village very well while still having some veeerryyy steep turns, but maybe not a full inversion anywhere.

I could actually see the coaster being a GCI. It would fit in with the land a lot better than a steel coaster would.

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
I'm gonna throw my hat into the speculation ring with some ideas for ride names:

Super Nintendo World:
Mario Kart
Yoshi's Adventure
Mine Kart Madness

(These are all already known, so nothing too spectacular here)

Land of Monsters
Frankenstein and the Creatures of the Night (rumored advanced KUKA dark ride)

Fantastic Beasts Land
Continuing the tradition of increasingly long attraction titles, I propose that the rumored Dumbledore/Ministry of Magic shooting ride can logically only be called "Dumbledore's Daring Deeds and the Masters of the Ministries of Magic"

The second ride will involve Newt and be called "Fantastic Beasts and How to Find Them", some kind of dark ride involving collecting creatures around the land.

Dragons/Berk
Viking Battle (Mack Splash Battle)
Dragon Fliers(Suspended flying theater Ride)
Hiccup's Hurtling Dragon Feeders (The Hagrid-esque roller coaster with multiple dragon animatronics that weaves throughout the land. Hypothetically, the storyline is that Hiccup has created a complicated and dangerous delivery system to feed Berk's ravenous dragons in an expedient manner)

Hub Attractions
Dueling Dreams (The prominent dueling roller coasters. Decided to choose a name that paid homage to Dueling Dragons but was more in keeping with the magical and ethereal style/theme of the hub)

Reactions: Magic-Man
I'm gonna throw my hat into the speculation ring with some ideas for ride names:

Super Nintendo World:
Mario Kart
Yoshi's Adventure
Mine Kart Madness

(These are all already known, so nothing too spectacular here)

Land of Monsters
Frankenstein and the Creatures of the Night (rumored advanced KUKA dark ride)

Fantastic Beasts Land
Continuing the tradition of increasingly long attraction titles, I propose that the rumored Dumbledore/Ministry of Magic shooting ride can logically only be called "Dumbledore's Daring Deeds and the Masters of the Ministries of Magic"

The second ride will involve Newt and be called "Fantastic Beasts and How to Find Them", some kind of dark ride involving collecting creatures around the land.

Dragons/Berk
Viking Battle (Mack Splash Battle)
Dragon Fliers(Suspended flying theater Ride)
Hiccup's Hurtling Dragon Feeders (The Hagrid-esque roller coaster with multiple dragon animatronics that weaves throughout the land. Hypothetically, the storyline is that Hiccup has created a complicated and dangerous delivery system to feed Berk's ravenous dragons in an expedient manner)

Hub Attractions
Dueling Dreams (The prominent dueling roller coasters. Decided to choose a name that paid homage to Dueling Dragons but was more in keeping with the magical and ethereal style/theme of the hub)
I think the hub is going for more celestial and cosmic and less “magical and ethereal,” but I like the rest of what you got here.

Im just hoping that the hub has a standout E ticket attraction.

In this era of everything needing an IP, something original is a welcome addition.
I'm sure it will be the improved Rip Ride Rockit of EU. In that it exists to be iconography of the park while playing off of some of the themes in the park, and acting as a distraction from some of the IP stuff.

Reactions: WAJAS
Unpopular opinion: I would rather not have a KUKA arm ride in this park. That's a big part of what makes Forbidden Journey so special.

I'm a giant fan of the Classic Monsters, so if getting an E-ticket for them requires a KUKA ride, I'll live with it...

... but I'm kind of with you. Hopefully it will feel like a totally different experience, and not just a clear redux of Forbidden Journey with a Monsters coat of paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.