Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 115 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What about a Steam Boat Mickey Mouse attraction at Epic Universe. Not sure if Disney, for the third time, will grease palms to change the copyright law. That version of Mickey will go in the Public Domain in 2024.

Reactions: Disneyhead
What about a Steam Boat Mickey Mouse attraction at Epic Universe. Not sure if Disney, for the third time, will grease palms to change the copyright law. That version of Mickey will go in the Public Domain in 2024.
I bet you they can argue that it doesn't matter because they have been using the image of Mickey from Steamboat as their animation logo for over a decade now. Copyright? Nah. How about Trademark.

4457578679_bdd70729c6_z.jpg

Ya this does seem more “Robocoaster” than what we have for Potter. Are we expecting any screens at all with this?

Above all, what we need is VARIETY. I feel like back in the day Universal was the absolute king of variety. But adding another "Spider-Man" ride, two 360 tram rides, and another flying theatre ride, as well as two more launched coasters--even though Hagrid's is a great ride and I'm super excited about Velocicoaster, I'm really hoping for different kinds of rides at EU from what we have at USF and IOA. Nintendo is going to deliver that in spades, for sure.

Above all, what we need is VARIETY. I feel like back in the day Universal was the absolute king of variety. But adding another "Spider-Man" ride, two 360 tram rides, and another flying theatre ride, as well as two more launched coasters--even though Hagrid's is a great ride and I'm super excited about Velocicoaster, I'm really hoping for different kinds of rides at EU from what we have at USF and IOA. Nintendo is going to deliver that in spades, for sure.
Perhaps they felt like they needed two guaranteed wins after a few fumbles. I feel variety will work back into the original parks down the line.

Same, but I do miss the ambition of the likes of Jaws/King Kong era
I think we're heading into a new era of ambition for the resort though. I mean, Forbidden Journey was a game changer on so many levels. Gringotts wasn't a game changer but it was certainly innovative for a coaster type ride. Diagon speaks for itself in terms of ambition.

Since then, Fallon used a unique queue system that has yet to be replicated really other than Rise. Fallon is the only queue that doesn't at all feel like a queue, they nailed that.

Same with Volcano Bay, innovative queuing system for a major theme/water park. Tons of ambition there.

Not in the states yet, but Mario Kart with AR is certainly ambitious, DK is ambitious, and I'm sure The Fantastic Beasts attractions will be as unique and innovative in some way like MK and DK are. I think we're right back in it.

Also, while stoned and randomly looking at the concept art for Epic, I can't fully tell because of the fireworks, but it looks like almost both FB show building are as large if not larger than the one for Mario Kart. The building closest to our point of view looks larger, and the 2nd building looks around the same size, maybe a tad smaller. Both should be quite big E tickets. Super excited to learn more about those ones.

Reactions: Disneyhead
I think we're heading into a new era of ambition for the resort though. I mean, Forbidden Journey was a game changer on so many levels. Gringotts wasn't a game changer but it was certainly innovative for a coaster type ride. Diagon speaks for itself in terms of ambition.
The production of Gringott's ride film(s) was rather ambitious...We will see when Epic Universe opens, that will be a good gauge of where Universal is creatively

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
My wishlist is now that we get an "epic" music video for this park lol

I do wonder if the "no limits!" marketing campaign will translate over here to the states along with SNW and this project. Simple yet engaging I think personally.

• Haha
Reactions: Raphael De Varona
I'll probably get side-eyed for this, but Nintendo is a property that can really do wonders for Universal. Just the other day I was thinking of all the possibilities it can bring to Universal in the future after the initial debut in the parks. :)

I'll probably get side-eyed for this, but Nintendo is a property that can really do wonders for Universal. Just the other day I was thinking of all the possibilities it can bring to Universal in the future after the initial debut in the parks. :)
Yes, the world of Nintendo has so much to untapped potential to explore

Heck, even the world of Mario has a lot to go from

Reactions: SukaVayne73
Not sure if this has been posted here (I did a quick search but couldn't find anything)

www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2019/12/12/universal-patent-aims-to-further-refine-harry.amp.html

Essentially the patent indicates Universal could make all wands interactive, even if they don't have batteries, chips, or lights. This would make them more cost effective to manufacture (and hopefully sold at a lower price). One picture shows riders in a car using their wands to interact with ride props.

Not every patent becomes reality of course, but I could see this coming in time for Epic Universe and expanding to site A.

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been posted here (I did a quick search but couldn't find anything)

www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2019/12/12/universal-patent-aims-to-further-refine-harry.amp.html

Essentially the patent indicates Universal could make all wands interactive, even if they don't have batteries, chips, or lights. This would make them more cost effective to manufacture (and hopefully sold at a lower price). One picture shows riders in a car using their wands to interact with ride props.

Not every patent becomes reality of course, but I could see this coming in time for Epic Universe and expanding to site A.
This SCREAMS Newt's Beasts Coaster to me. Having a wand on the ride vehicle to catch the escape Beasts around Paris sounds about right to me.

This SCREAMS Newt's Beasts Coaster to me. Having a wand on the ride vehicle to catch the escape Beasts around Paris sounds about right to me.

Maybe its the remnants of the rumored ministry/mib replacement?

Its a funny thought... Maybe a lot of EU came from a bunch of projects that were sheleved or already in development for UOR?

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
Status
Not open for further replies.