Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 119 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I think the HTTYD coaster is going to be from Gestlauer. I mean, they're clearly willing to work with them (like the Sky-Fly's in the same land), and there won't be any reliability problems like there would be with Intamin.

On one hand though, if it's going to be a simpler system for Intamin that doesn't have any "gimmicks", then it might be a better option to continue with Intamin.

That said..Gestlauer is a nice thought.

Reactions: SukaVayne73
I do hope the coaster is longer than 1 min lol
Well the downside of launch coasters is that they generally have shorter ride times, however, the plans do clearly show the track passing through multiple buildings that probably include show scenes that which will make the ride longer.

On one hand though, if it's going to be a simpler system for Intamin that doesn't have any "gimmicks", then it might be a better option to continue with Intamin.

That said..Gestlauer is a nice thought.
I don't have anything to contribute to this debate besides my gut saying Intamin, but it would be really cool if someone could put together a list of which manufacturers are rumored to be building which rides in EU.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Well the downside of launch coasters is that they generally have shorter ride times, however, the plans do clearly show the track passing through multiple buildings that probably include show scenes that which will make the ride longer.

I don't have anything to contribute to this debate besides my gut saying Intamin, but it would be really cool if someone could put together a list of which manufacturers are rumored to be building which rides in EU.

Funny enough..

Setpoint Inc. - Donkey Kong
Mack - Dueling Coaster within the entrance land (rumored to be the manufacturer), Viking boat ride within Dragons (the interactive boat attraction)
Gerstlauer - 2 Sky Fly's within Dragon's

And I believe @Disneyhead might've mentioned that Yoshi was an Oceaneering job, even if it's an omnimover system. I'm going to make an effort just for the time being, to have a list and update it more costantly; as the permits should be rolling in more and more.

Funny enough..

Setpoint Inc. - Donkey Kong
Mack - Dueling Coaster within the entrance land (rumored to be the manufacturer), Viking boat ride within Dragons (the interactive boat attraction)
Gerstlauer - 2 Sky Fly's within Dragon's

And I believe @Disneyhead might've mentioned that Yoshi was an Oceaneering job, even if it's an omnimover system. I'm going to make an effort just for the time being, to have a list and update it more costantly; as the permits should be rolling in more and more.
Do we know anything about who's doing mario kart?

Do we know anything about who's doing mario kart?
Dynamic Attractions
Yes, Oceaneering for Yoshi is what I have heard too

Being a coaster it would be over in a flash unless the building was like many multiple times bigger. Unless they just rolled it along on tires the whole time, which would defeat the purpose of it being a coaster.

Yea. That concept looks cool, but it would not work for Universal given the space restraints in 3 of the 4 parks the ride will be going to

Being a coaster it would be over in a flash unless the building was like many multiple times bigger. Unless they just rolled it along on tires the whole time, which would defeat the purpose of it being a coaster.
True true, so are we talking some sort of bus bar system? and if so, will the vehicles rock back and forth ala Spidey and be able to mimic drifting?

It sounds like the current ride manufacturer list is:

Nintendo:
Mario Kart - Dynamic Attractions
Yoshi - Oceaneering
Donkey Kong - Setpoint

HTTYD:
Splash battle - Mack
Sky Fly's - Gerstlauer
Coaster, Simulator, Stage show - Unknown

Hub:
Dueling Coaster - Mack (likely)
Other hub rides not yet known

Monsters, Fantastic Beasts:
Full ride lists not yet known

It sounds like the current ride manufacturer list is:

Nintendo:
Mario Kart - Dynamic Attractions
Yoshi - Oceaneering
Donkey Kong - Setpoint

HTTYD:
Splash battle - Mack
Sky Fly's - Gerstlauer
Coaster, Simulator, Stage show - Unknown

Hub:
Dueling Coaster - Mack (likely)
Other hub rides not yet known

Monsters, Fantastic Beasts:
Full ride lists not yet known
I'm not sure about this, but I think the HTTYD coaster may be Mack. Also the hub coaster could be Premier.

Last edited:
Reactions: SukaVayne73
So is it the Dual powered coasters system concept by DA?
I say, use that tech for a F&F redo...Just wasn't invented in time for ver 1.0

I think both will be Mack, personally
I think the HTTYD coaster will be Mack as they do a great job with family coasters in tight spaces.

HTTYD does have a spread out layout but it is weaving through tight spaced throughout the land

I hope Universal doesn't use Premiere as their coasters are too damn loud haha

Not going to lie, it's kinda.... underwhelming to me? I thought there was going to be more flat rides, and the lack of a major dark ride stands out, especially when you consider that Nintendo has two dark rides.

Why waste the giant building on a stage show? Where's the other kid friendly flats? Why is the splash battle so short?
When done right, Stage shows can be both amazing and people eaters. Disney excels at this -- look at the Frozen show at DCA, or Finding Nemo: The Musical at Animal Kingdom. Both are top-notch shows and are always full.

Reactions: Andysol
Status
Not open for further replies.