Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to think that EU (along with MK) will be on the "must visit" list for every trip to Orlando. EU will become the flagship theme park for Universal much like MK is for Disney. I also feel like EU although it will be very different from any other current park in Orlando.....is reminding me of an IOA/MK hybrid.
I agree 100%. I was just saying the other day how this park feels like it could be the next/next generations Disneyland/MK. A must visit for anyone, regardless if you’re a theme park fan or not. I mean everyone makes a trip to Disneyland or MK once in their life, I feel EU is going to be the same for the next generation. I believe Universal even, flat out said, Epic Universe will be their best theme park. I mean, most companies don’t just come right out and say “Yep we’re building our best thing ever”

I agree 100%. I was just saying the other day how this park feels like it could be the next/next generations Disneyland/MK. A must visit for anyone, regardless if you’re a theme park fan or not. I mean everyone makes a trip to Disneyland or MK once in their life, I feel EU is going to be the same for the next generation. I believe Universal even, flat out said, Epic Universe will be their best theme park. I mean, most companies don’t just come right out and say “Yep we’re building our best thing ever”

Saying "best thing ever" was just marketing talk. No doubt this park will be great, but whenever a company releases a new product they always talk superb about it.

Personally, I don't get the point of non-interactive (moving seats and audience effects) at theme parks. I go to parks to ride and explore amazing worlds, not watch shows that could easily be done anywhere else. It's a waste of time, money, and space.

well luckily Universal is trying to entertain/impress the masses, not just you particularly.

Saying "best thing ever" was just marketing talk. No doubt this park will be great, but whenever a company releases a new product they always talk superb about it.
Yes, but how many companies flat out say "This is a better product than anything else we've ever put out?" I mean they directly compared it to their other parks. Maybe I'm falling for their marketing tactics too much but honestly I don't see many companies put out a new version of something and say "Yes, this is and will be better than everything else we have available for purchase for you". Just my take, though. The hype feels big with this one. Not sure if this was what it felt like when IOA was being developed and about to open as well.

Regardless of the claim, I too think this is intended to be Universal's answer to MK, with a MK/IOA type combo of irresistible immersion lands.
I don't think it's an answer to MK. In fact, an MK comparison isn't anything I would say with the info we have.

This is going to be a completely unique park unlike anything we've ever seen. A park full of dedicated Lands that are fully and completely isolated with closed off single entrances. It hasn't been done. It will have no comparison.

As far as "Be UOR's MK". I also don't see it. Maybe as in their flagship? Ok. But it still isn't an "answer to MK".

EU is a massive puzzle piece in their bigger answer to WDW; not an individual park. It's graduating from a local's park (at worst) and an "also" side-piece of a WDW trip into UOR being a full destination resort worthy of the same amount of days one would give to WDW.

Each land would need like...3 more rides each for it to be the answer to MK tho

The days of 30 ride theme parks is OVER. These days you are lucky to get on 5 rides in one day (if you really try). It's all about immersion, dining, shopping and the WOW factor......and of course generating enough feel goodness to ensure return trips.:cheers:

The days of 30 ride theme parks is OVER. These days you are lucky to get on 5 rides in one day (if you really try). It's all about immersion, dining, shopping and the WOW factor......and of course generating enough feel goodness to ensure return trips.:cheers:
LOL I get on way more than 5 rides in one day at every park I go to

Umm... All of them?
Okay fair lol. I guess what I’m saying is to make a bold claim like that on a new park is not something I beleive they have at least said before, let alone most theme park companies who aren’t Disney. Again, wasn’t around for IOA marketing though. My best I also think they mean “Flagship”, as they’ve themselves said they want to move towards more single IP heavily themed lands. EU is entirely that, so it could be their model for their future.

The Hub gives them an area to experiment with non-IP attractions & dining. Would be great to see at least 1 or 2 original rides/attractions.

It still had 25 attractions opening day.

According to Touring Plans, the Magic Kingdom had 22 opening day attractions and I'd argue even that's a bit of a stretch.

If the current plans hold, and we are still unclear what's going into the hub, I feel this will be without a doubt the best opening day line-up of any park in at least Orlando history.

The biggest thing is, like Islands, this will be a park that offers EVERY kind of guest an opportunity to have some fun. The jury is still out on some thrills for some attractions, but I mean anyone of any thrill level can do something, even if you enjoy shows (assuming the Monsters show is true, along with a Hub show or parade or show in another land etc) there will be plenty of opportunity to see something. They may not be good, but was Sinbad ever regarded as something outstanding? The offerings are what sell. I know a few of these IPs may not be as "Iconic" as some other lands that have been made to this level are, but I think the lineup here is just going to be a terrific sell for them to get people thru the gates.

Disney counts just about everything as an attraction....M&G etc....That said, the MK does have a lot of things to see and do, way more than the other three WDW Disney parks, or the two Universal parks...........Trying to achieve an MK, or even better, Disneyland level, is an admiral intent. Not getting there right off the bat doesn't make it wrong though. Even Disney's last two Castle parks (Shanghai & Hong Kong), don't have MK or Disneyland attraction levels,no where near......To clarify, I think Epic will achieve a goal of expanding Universal's demographic appeal (except Universal doesn't seem to want to stretch for Disney's toddler/real young kids Disney dominance demo) mixed in with the IOA type thrill factor. That's what I really meant in my earlier post, not that Epic will be a Castle type park. Epic will be it's own beast (fantastic probably), one of a kind.

Last edited:
Just watched the Sky Ride onride video and I have the feeling that, for whatever reason I don't want to spin but due to being clubsy it does and I can't stop, there will be an extra special effect added that no one will be happy with.

And here is what I dreamed up many moons ago. The spinner/fly school, educating guests and the next level flying theater and meet and greets (no brainer) are in there.

Last edited:
Just watched the Sky Ride onride video and I have the feeling that, for whatever reason I don't want to spin but due to being clubsy it does and I can't stop, there will be an extra special effect added that no one will be happy with.

And here is what I dreamed up many moons ago. The spinner/fly school, educating guests and the next level flying theater and meet and greets (no brainer) are in there.

Looks like a motion sickness machine.:yuck:

Sorry, what?
Shouldn’t we wait to see Bourne before declaring it “vastly improved”. As it stands, outside of the great, but tiny Horror Makeup; the only people eating show UOR has is FFL and two other shuttered theaters as well as a show that was demolished for F&F.

Not a track record I’m feeling comfortable with. The night show (which isn’t a “stage show”) is certainly a massive improvement. But I need to see if Bourne follows those footsteps before feeling confident in the future of their shows.
I was focusing on street shows and the new nighttime show...There is progress from the days when FFL was invented

Bruh trust me, you want to spin...You can get that thing going so fast that you're basically tumbling over and over...It's a friggin blast

Status
Not open for further replies.